New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A photograph I loved for critique

LearnPhoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A photograph I loved for critique

Please critique thank you
Tell me what do you like/don't like about my photograph so that I can learn and improve more.
1 week old 6D! + 16-35mm f2.8 II
16mm 1/640 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A photograph I loved for critique

I think its very good.
The POV and division of the image is engaging and the detail and color in the reflection is quite nice. Seems like a very clean reflection with little artifacts in the glass. Did you clean it up?
I think the effect can be made a bit more dramatic by some processing to bring up the brightness of the right side to better approximate the left, further engaging/confusing the viewer.
Scott

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:21 AM
LearnPhoto

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A photograph I loved for critique

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't not clean up the glass. I was also surprise of the cleanness. I have tried to brighten the reflection but it also make a piece of wood inside the window obvious. I'll try do it again.

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:08 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A photograph I loved for critique

I'm kinda diggin' the reflection as is ... particularly how the clouds do not look as blown in some areas. Maybe a little lift to the shadows.

This is a rather unorthodox combination of formal lines and angles mixed with informal organic shapes. It also has an asymmetrical balance to it. I think the two work well together to keep the eye moving about the scene.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Mister Bean
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A photograph I loved for critique

RustyBug wrote:
I'm kinda diggin' the reflection as is ...

Agreed. I would leave it as is.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:34 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A photograph I loved for critique

I like it as is...I would not touch it.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:48 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A photograph I loved for critique

I have to agree, withdraw my previous suggestion.
I tried reprocessing to balance L and R. Hard to get the saturation and colors to match enough. The exposure part was easier.

Scott

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A photograph I loved for critique

Way to balance L & R would be to perhaps copy and flip image, paste flipped copy over original, mask & brush away the portion not needed. If you wanted to go to all that trouble.

Bob

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM
LearnPhoto

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A photograph I loved for critique

Bob Jarman wrote:
Way to balance L & R would be to perhaps copy and flip image, paste flipped copy over original, mask & brush away the portion not needed. If you wanted to go to all that trouble.

Bob

thanks for the idea. i have never thought of there. it will be great for viewers to see but I would feel guilty having PP so much. hehe

i wld like to leave it as it is, with realism in mind. A reflection is a virtual image and should always be less pop than a real image.

Jan 15, 2013 at 01:59 PM
LearnPhoto

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A photograph I loved for critique

sbeme wrote:
I have to agree, withdraw my previous suggestion.
I tried reprocessing to balance L and R. Hard to get the saturation and colors to match enough. The exposure part was easier.

Scott

thanks for understanding and yr feedback

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:01 PM
LearnPhoto

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A photograph I loved for critique

RustyBug wrote:
I'm kinda diggin' the reflection as is ... particularly how the clouds do not look as blown in some areas. Maybe a little lift to the shadows.

This is a rather unorthodox combination of formal lines and angles mixed with informal organic shapes. It also has an asymmetrical balance to it. I think the two work well together to keep the eye moving about the scene.

i like how you translate the complex composition into words.

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:01 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.