Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Madison

Todd Ryburn

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Madison

A few shots from an earlier photo shoot. We plan on taking some more in studio later this month.

CC welcome.

Todd

Jan 13, 2013 at 07:21 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Madison

Cracking stuff. Some really lovely portraits here. Nice posing and compositions.

Colour cast seems inconsistent across the images. White balance?

In 2 I'd like to see her eyes and eye sockets a bit lighter.

Nice set indeed.

Jan 13, 2013 at 08:08 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Madison

Nice poses of a very lovely young lady.
Processing seems all over the map here though, with #1 probably being the most flattering to the subject. #2 is cyan, #3 is magenta, #4 again cyan, and #5 blue/cyan. The harsh light combined with the cast causes her face to almost look dirty in #5.
The sharp/centered catchlights caused by the direct-on flash are not my favorite.
The skin-smoothing is too much for me. I think the DOF is unnecessarily shallow on a couple of these, too, and that may also be contributing to the blurry effect of the face.
Cut-off foot in #4 although the other boot does help distract from it a bit.
All of these could be helped I think with some different post-processing but I think different on-site lighting would help, too. Maybe better use of a reflector or off-camera light with large modifier. When you have a model like this with baby blues like hers, you really need to get some light in there and capture that beauty.
You've got some very good equipment and a pretty good sense for a pose and for framing. I suggest working on the lighting and post-processing.

Jan 13, 2013 at 08:11 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Madison

^^^ this ^^^

Jan 13, 2013 at 08:42 PM
Todd Ryburn

p.1 #5 · Madison

Thanks for the feedback. I am colorblind, so I do struggle with avoiding color cast. Guess I need to use my gray card more often!

Jan 13, 2013 at 09:09 PM

ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Madison

Blimey. That must e a struggle for you.

Can you have something check images in a set to ensure they are consistent?

From a colour perspective all of these images are acceptable individually but as a set they are all over the place. The first is, as stated, the most natural and flattering for the subject. The second I would say is the most unnatural looking.

Jan 13, 2013 at 09:15 PM
bbourizk
• • •
p.1 #7 · Madison

Some nice work, as already mentioned some color issues and for me some slight over processing in a couple. is my favourite.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:12 AM
gregSC
• • •
p.1 #8 · Madison

#4 and #5 look most natural of her. Pretty girl...keep shooting.

Greg

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Todd Ryburn

p.1 #9 · Madison

Thanks for all the feedback, I really do appreciate it! I'll pay particular attention to white balance issues going forward.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:31 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password