Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · One from the USC Colorado game....

Carl Auer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · One from the USC Colorado game....

I have a lot of photos to go through for my blog and to post here, but saw this one from the USC game Thursday night...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1301/did-you-see-that-011113/content.13.html

I will try to get last weeks stuff posted tomorrow after I put together a portfolio for a new wire service I hope to start shooting for, wish me luck....

Jan 13, 2013 at 05:48 AM
tmalone893
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · One from the USC Colorado game....

That's funny but pretty cool also.

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:56 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · One from the USC Colorado game....

Nice catch, Carl, I think most wouldn't have noticed or bothered taking the shot and here is is published. Good luck with the submission.

Bill

Jan 13, 2013 at 03:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · One from the USC Colorado game....

When shooting for wires, and really anything, you should always look beyond the game or the field of play. Cheerleaders, mascots, fans, and even ball boys and other photogs can give you some great shots. With the wires, typically, they want pregame, special guests (national anthem singers, former players or other sports players in the crowd), game action, halftime if anything special is going on, cheerleaders and mascots, band, and post game celebrations. Anytime Chips is moving around I try to get him. During a time out yesterday I could not get a good line on him (thank you ref!) but he started out the kiss cam with three very lovely ladies court side.

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · One from the USC Colorado game....

Carl Auer wrote:
When shooting for wires, and really anything, you should always look beyond the game or the field of play.

Very wise words. I believe this is how I can separate myself and my work from all the other shooters out there with the same or even better equipment. Capturing the spirit and flavor of the event will set you apart from the crowd that has all the same action shots and no "salt & pepper." I am certainly not there yet, but I am working on this very thing this year; I see it as my "missing ingredient."

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

Jan 13, 2013 at 07:31 PM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · One from the USC Colorado game....

Thanks Paul

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:23 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password