New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 6D with Alt Lenses

Luta13
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 6D with Alt Lenses

I have been shooting with a NEX-7 and Minolta Rokkor 24/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.7 and M-Rokkor 40/2 and 90/4 lenses for the last year.

I recently bought a Canon 6D. I sent Jim Buchanan the Rokkor 24/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.7 to convert to EOS. Since the MD/MC mount is obsolete, it made no sense not to buy the Canon EF adapter for the NEX-7 and convert the Rokkors to EOS so that all my lenses fit both cameras (with exception of M-Rokkors).

Jim is a true pro and had no problems converting all lenses. I have mirror clearance and dead-on infinity focus with each lens Jim converted.

Rokkor-EOS Test by Luta13, on Flickr

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Luta13
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 6D with Alt Lenses

I got home from work late, but here are a few quick shots outside with the day's last light and in my shop. Just quick stuff...Nothing to look at really, but I figured some might like to see the new 6D with old lenses.

Rokkor-EOS Test 1 by Luta13, on Flickr

Rokkor-EOS Test 2 by Luta13, on Flickr

Edited on Jan 12, 2013 at 01:05 AM · View previous versions

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Luta13
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 6D with Alt Lenses

Rokkor-EOS Test 3 by Luta13, on Flickr

Rokkor-EOS Test 4 by Luta13, on Flickr

Rokkor-EOS Test 5 by Luta13, on Flickr

Edited on Jan 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM · View previous versions

Jan 12, 2013 at 01:01 AM
Luta13
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 6D with Alt Lenses

Rokkor-EOS Test 6 by Luta13, on Flickr

Rokkor-EOS Test 7 by Luta13, on Flickr

Jan 12, 2013 at 01:03 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 6D with Alt Lenses

It seems to me from what I've read that the 6D might have less mirror clearance issues than the 5D/II.

Can we start a list of lenses that are confirmed to work on the 6D without problem? Perhaps only the ones that have previously had problems on the 5D/II?

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM
CVickery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 6D with Alt Lenses

weezintrumpete wrote:
It seems to me from what I've read that the 6D might have less mirror clearance issues than the 5D/II.

Can we start a list of lenses that are confirmed to work on the 6D without problem? Perhaps only the ones that have previously had problems on the 5D/II?

It may come down to sample variance. I asked Ed Mika if had tested the 6D with his FD conversion kits and his conclusion was that the mirror clearance was similar to the 5DII.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 6D with Alt Lenses

weezintrumpete wrote:

My Zeiss C/Y 28 2.8 does hit the mirror at infinity on the 6D - at first I thought it was OK, but it definitely hits the mirror.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 6D with Alt Lenses

Only the first pic is showing.
I debated converting my MC's to EF, for use on my 1DIII and future FF, I ended up getting a NEX-7 and decided to convert the 58/1.2 back to it's native mount for use on it, so now I wait till a FF NEX is released so I can enjoy them in the format as they were designed for, same with my FD collection and my other lenses.

Jan 29, 2013 at 07:02 PM
XsigmaSD
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 6D with Alt Lenses

michael49 wrote:
My Zeiss C/Y 28 2.8 does hit the mirror at infinity on the 6D - at first I thought it was OK, but it definitely hits the mirror.

Hmmm... my 2.8/28 MMJ clears with no issues on the cheaper Fotodiox adaptor.
Which adaptor are you using, just for reference.

Jan 29, 2013 at 09:13 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.