Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Showcase Hockey

Next39
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Showcase Hockey

First off, I know there's too many pics...

I shoot for the Rochester Ice Hawks, my local Minnesota Showcase League hockey team - which is a lot of fun. Here's some samples from their latest game which was a showdown between the league's #1 and #2 teams which has major repercussions for the national championship tournament in March.

As always, C&C welcome.

1. In the locker room after warmups and getting the last minute talk from the coach.

2. The starters get introduced and are met by a mini-mite team (at each home game, a different team of kids gets to go out on the ice to be a part of the intros). The kids were in total awe!

5. It was a very physical game.

6. Emotions were high as evidenced by this goal cely.

12. The game went to OT and then to a shoot out. Here our first shooter prepares to take his shot on goal.

13. We lost 5-4 by allowing a goal in the shoot out. This is the winning goal for the visiting team.

14. Emotions were high and our goalie took it hard. Here he's consoled by the backup goalie.

Thanks for looking!

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:21 AM
6kimages

p.1 #2 · Showcase Hockey

like the capture on 11 really shows the intensity of the player stopping from high speed

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM
ACNYPhoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · Showcase Hockey

I'm in love with #2... Are they lighting the goalie with a spot light or were you able to st up a strobe to do that?

Jan 12, 2013 at 05:26 PM
Next39
• •
p.1 #4 · Showcase Hockey

ACNYPhoto wrote:
I'm in love with #2... Are they lighting the goalie with a spot light or were you able to st up a strobe to do that?

Thanks! They put a spotlight on each of the night's starters as they are introduced/called out on to the ice. I shot this from the bench so it had major back and rim lighting. I like how the light kids' faces were lit by the reflection off the goalie's pads.

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:37 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password