Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Hello- new to the site

cprince8403
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Hello- new to the site

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm new to this site. Just found it a few days ago. After browsing around a few forums, I immediately got the feeling that this is a tight-knit group. So, I'm pleased to be here and in the presence of some really incredible photographers.

About me- I'm merely a hobbyist. My main interests are birds, insects, my kids, flowers, and whatever catches my eye in between.

I would link to my 500px so that you can gawk at my amateur pics, but I don't know if that goes against etiquette here.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you.

-Charlie

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:01 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Hello- new to the site

Welcome, Charlie You already did...folks can click your www.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:34 PM
cprince8403
• •
p.1 #3 · Hello- new to the site

trenchmonkey- thanks for the welcome and the tip. My jaw dropped a little when I saw that you have over 31K forum posts on here. I'm nominating you as my go-to forum expert... so you may hear from me occasionally.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:41 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Hello- new to the site

Welcome to the forum

I sometimes swear Trench is hired by Fred just to play on the forums all day but in all honesty he always has good, direct information in his posts. Enjoy your stay, I joined a few years ago and forgot about those other forums This place has loads of information and nice people.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:44 PM
cprince8403
• •
p.1 #5 · Hello- new to the site

Thanks, Ben. Seeing how I only know two other hobby photographers and zero pro photographers IRL, I was just tickled pink at the quality of discussions and wealth of information that is on here... not to mention the prices on the upload/sell forum.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:49 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Hello- new to the site

Charlie,

glad to have you here. I lived a lotta years in the FL Panhandle, Pensacola and Talllahassee, flew into some small airports up your way when I was learning how to fly.

you have some really good pics on your site, and the Monkey is one of the "go to" bird photogs here.

welcome,

tony

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cprince8403
• •
p.1 #7 · Hello- new to the site

Thanks for the warm welcome and compliment, Tony. You have some beautiful dog photos in your upload history. I hope to capture something similar now that I've made a camera upgrade.

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:21 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Hello- new to the site

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to FM.

Cheers, Jim

P.S. Fred stopped counting the 'monkey's posts a few years ago.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Hello- new to the site

+1 to Jim - Fred's calculator doesn't go high enough to count the # of posts from the Trench man

Also, FWIW, the way you've joined up here on the site I think shows the way in which I appreciate it most to find out about new members. So, when/if it comes time for you to enter the B&S forum, you'll have an already established track record so that folks have a better idea of who you are.

I say that in contrast to the first-time posters who show up, no profile, no web presence, no contributions of any kind here on the Forum, and then offer, usually for PayPal Gift, a very high dollar item and they quote for their feedback some crock of info on eBay showing how great they are with buying toilet paper 100 times. :lol:

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM
cprince8403
• •
p.1 #10 · Hello- new to the site

@Jim- nice to meet you.

@Tony- It's a sad state of affairs when one can't make an honest deal with a stranger, without one person trying to scam or take advantage of the other. I reckon that's the way the cookie crumbles. Luckily, I'm perpetually broke so I won't be entering the B&S forum any time soon.

Jan 11, 2013 at 02:03 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Hello- new to the site

Hehe, entering the B&S forums has occasioned my being perpetually broke

Jan 11, 2013 at 07:39 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Hello- new to the site

jcolwell wrote:
P.S. Fred stopped counting the 'monkey's posts a few years ago.

I hope he's not using a 16bit field for the number of posts or he really might stop counting them in a couple of years....

Jan 13, 2013 at 07:09 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password