Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Lee Saxon
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Very cool to see that updated, thanks for looking into that Carsten.

Also, losing my Paypal dispute virginity over this lens. Seller claims to have sent a refund which I haven't received. Oh well, had to happen sometime.

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:41 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

There could be two reasons for a delay in the payment. The first one is that he didn't have enough in his PayPal account to cover the amount, and he or PayPal chose his bank account. Then the money must transfer from the bank account which could take a couple of days. The other possibility is that PayPal has done a random check on him, and is verifying all his details, which can take a week or a bit more. Both have happened to me as a buyer.

What was your reason for sending it back again? It sounds like a nice copy.

Jan 16, 2013 at 08:32 AM
Lee Saxon
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Interesting, thanks Carsten.

It was one of those early serial number 11,259's that Leitax says may not clear FF Nikon mirrors. I decided to just return it and look for a later one, rather than take the chance.

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:08 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Yes, I understand that part, but the thing which hits is the rubber bumper around the rear element. It could be modified or removed. Anyway, I hope you get your money back without problems.

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:40 PM
erichard
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

If the seller funded the refund with his checking account, I think there's a three business day delay. As I recall, you can click on a small link that says "details" regarding that particular transaction. Sign on to Paypal to view that transaction first.

It's pretty standard, so if the guy has good feedback, I wouldn't be too worried.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:43 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Recently I received couple questions regarding Leica Elmarit-R 28 v. II and Lee Foundation kit. Hopefully my experience can be helpful to some prospective Elmarit-R/Lee filters users.

Elmarit-R 28 built-in hood doesn't retract back far enough to directly mount 55mm Lee WA adaptor ring. Aside from removing the hood one can use a step-up ring and a larger size, say 58mm Lee WA adaptor. A trick that worked for me to reduce and almost completely prevent extreme corners mechanical vignetting was to keep step-up ring only partially screwed onto Elmarit`s threads (1.5 turns instead of 3)

‘Required parts`, extended protective shroud and side views of mounted rings:

Jul 06, 2013 at 05:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JaKo
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Jul 06, 2013 at 05:27 PM
bayouboy63

p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Jako,

Thank you for posting these photos. May I ask what s/n do you have for the 28mm?

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:18 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

It's 1995 version with a S/N 3700764

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:33 PM
KrankyKraut

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

Well, I have version II (E55) with serial number 3624***. It's a 3 cam lens. I unscrewed the shroud by hand. It's very easy. There are two washer-like metal rings that come out, as well. Be careful not to lose them. Now that the shroud is gone, it doesn't hit my Canon 6D mirror. And the procedure is easily reversible, if and when you want to sell. Yay!!

Jul 28, 2013 at 07:44 PM
phuang3
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit-R versions

KrankyKraut wrote:
Well, I have version II (E55) with serial number 3624***. It's a 3 cam lens. I unscrewed the shroud by hand. It's very easy. There are two washer-like metal rings that come out, as well. Be careful not to lose them. Now that the shroud is gone, it doesn't hit my Canon 6D mirror. And the procedure is easily reversible, if and when you want to sell. Yay!!

Be careful ! The shroud acts like a retaining ring to hold the last element, it should be always on.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password