Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

bimmer_man
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

I am super stoked about the X100s coming to market. It means that as soon as they hit the store shelves the prices of used X100 will probably drop hopefully under the $600 mark. Anyone out their gonna snap one up at those prices?

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:10 AM
Chrissearle
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

Well, as the release of the X100s means that X100's will no long take gorgeous pictures, I'll be getting rid of mine. I imagine you won't need to buy one second hand as you'll be able to find plenty on the local rubbish tip. The problem will be people laughing out loud at you in the street for using such a rubbish out dated joke of a camera.....

Jan 10, 2013 at 06:55 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

bimmer_man wrote:
I am super stoked about the X100s coming to market. It means that as soon as they hit the store shelves the prices of used X100 will probably drop hopefully under the $600 mark. Anyone out their gonna snap one up at those prices?

Many camera companies coordinate the distribution of new cameras so that the older version generally runs out of stock in stores at about the same time that the new version begins to arrive. Let's see how Fujifilm does it...

Jan 10, 2013 at 07:34 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

I might pick up an X100 when the new one comes out, but probably not new. I will rely on the used prices becoming depressed below the new, lower new price.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:05 AM
ISO1600
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

I'll wait and see what the used market does. I'd likely get one for around or under $500 if they ever get that low; i think that is the point where it's too good a compact to pass up.

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:58 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

I think I'd rather have a new one. I'm not sure what I'll do... The X100S is TWICE the price in the UK and I'm just not sure it's worth that.

Jan 10, 2013 at 03:42 PM
bimmer_man
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

ISO1600 wrote:
I'll wait and see what the used market does. I'd likely get one for around or under $500 if they ever get that low; i think that is the point where it's too good a compact to pass up.

Exactly what I was thinking. $500 bux to use as a point and shoot would be incredible seeing as I paid that much for a Canon G12 a few years back.

Jan 10, 2013 at 07:14 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

Some great deals to be had for sure, however, you also have to put a price on the unavoidable questions you'll ask yourself when you miss a shot due to the AF, aperture dance etc.

Not saying that the X100 isn't usable, its a fantastic camera, but.....human nature being what it is, its hard not to think the grass is always going to be greener with the fancy new model.

By the same token, when the X100s misses a shot, I'm sure many will curse it and say they should of saved hundreds of bucks and just got the old one

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:03 PM
huddy
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

The X100 is a fantastic camera. I bought one and kept it for about a month. Sold it a couple days too late and went from making money on it to losing $100. Oh well. I really enjoyed the form factor and results, but really got annoyed with the focusing. The X100s is pretty intriguing. I'm going to watch it with interest and hopefully some of the goodness that is going into that body will make it into the next round of X-E/Pro bodies. If Fuji takes care of that, I'm likely ditching most of my Nikon gear and going all in with an X100s, interchangeable body and several lenses.

Jan 12, 2013 at 09:21 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

I'm interested in a new X-E1 (X-E1S?) with all and hopefully more X100s goodies (focus peaking, better AF, better VF with split view, etc). Single focal length is too limiting for me especially considering the relatively similar price of X100s and X-E1. Size and weight are not problems.

Jan 12, 2013 at 09:40 PM
huddy
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

fsiagian wrote:
I'm interested in a new X-E1 (X-E1S?) with all and hopefully more X100s goodies (focus peaking, better AF, better VF with split view, etc). Single focal length is too limiting for me especially considering the relatively similar price of X100s and X-E1. Size and weight are not problems.

After shooting with DSLR's, including a D700 that always has an L-bracket attached, size and weight of any mirrorless body and good lens feels like nothing.

Jan 12, 2013 at 09:57 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

Very true. Alan, how did you end up losing $100? Did you sell it after the announcement of X100S? Until the new X-E1 is announce, I will still be using my Olympus EPL2

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
huddy
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Anyone going to buy an X100 once the X100S hit the stores?

fsiagian wrote:
Very true. Alan, how did you end up losing $100? Did you sell it after the announcement of X100S? Until the new X-E1 is announce, I will still be using my Olympus EPL2

Ferdi, I had listed it on Amazon and was torn whether to keep it because it came in very handy as a grab and go camera but the focusing was iffy. Decided I'd keep it and went to close the listing and it had sold maybe 15 minutes earlier for what I had paid for the body+accessories+a bit extra. Canceled the order (shame on me and yikes for my seller rating) and kept using it. Took it out several times and enjoyed it; then I took it to a family Christmas function and it's fate was sealed. It was so incredibly useless for anything that moved or anything that had even mild backlighting that I got maybe 10% keepers. I put it back up on FM and Amazon the day before the X100s was announced and thought I had a buyer for my original price less accessories but they backed out (reap what you sow) and the bottom fell out the next day. It came in handy and I still got my money's worth for the month I had it, but I would have maybe rather had the extra $100 than the final 6 days with the camera.

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.