Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Where to buy Gitzo parts?

kayaker72

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Where to buy Gitzo parts?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you knew of places to buy Gitzo parts? Specifically, I am looking for a center column to a 6x carbon fiber series 1 tripod. I emailed Gitzo, but haven't been able to get a hold of them after my initial email.

Thanks.

Jan 09, 2013 at 09:11 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Where to buy Gitzo parts?

I bought my gitzo tripod at b&h. Im pretty sure they would be able to help you out! They have fantastic customer service.

Jan 09, 2013 at 09:27 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Where to buy Gitzo parts?

seriously now you need to call them. the have exploded views of their products on their website so it is easily identified.

http://www.gitzo.us/service/service+%26+repair/

http://www.manfrottodistribution.us/cms/site/mdus/cache/off

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
kayaker72

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Where to buy Gitzo parts?

Thanks Rick and SJMS. I've left a couple of voice messages along with the emails. The first response was pretty quick, I am surprised by the difficulty since. I've used gitzo's website to identify two potentially new center columns, d1155.09 and d1155.08. But I was hoping to get exact measurements, cost estimates, and talk to someone to see if there are any other options.

Also, I found a website called www.gitzospares.com.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Where to buy Gitzo parts?

kayaker72 wrote:
Also, I found a website called www.gitzospares.com.

Gitzo Spares are in Cranleigh, near London in the UK.

I get most of my Gitzo spare parts from Adorama in NYC. They seem to have a better stock than B&H in Gitzo parts.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM
polylepis
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Where to buy Gitzo parts?

Manfrotto parts (A Vitec company!) in New Jersey has truly terrible, terrible customer service. It took me the better part of a year just to get a (nearly) complete bushing set for a fairly new Gitzo 1541T. Easy to laugh now about the number of wrong parts they shipped, the rapid turnover of staff the sheer volume of emails, phone calls, etc., but really aggravating at the time. I recommend you avoid ever dealing with that company.
By contrast Gitzo Parts in Britain was prompt with the last remaining bushing that Manfrotto could just never manage to send.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.