Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · amazon purchases risk free?

lwrnclightner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · amazon purchases risk free?

Is it safe to say that amozon is pretty fraud/risk free?

These days when a really good deal pops up flags get raised, but if its on amazon should it be safe?

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:17 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · amazon purchases risk free?

IMO, it's always "buyer beware", no matter where you're shopping.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:25 PM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · amazon purchases risk free?

A couple years ago amazon had a CF induro tripod at a stupid low price, thanks to FM I heard about it and ordered one. Turns out it was a mistake but they honored the price they advertised but pulled the listing after about 20 minutes.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:40 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · amazon purchases risk free?

Here is my level of confidence with Amazon based on many years as a customer:

Purchases from Amazon: Extremely high
Purchases from 3rd parties and "fulfilled by Amazon": High
Purchases from 3rd parties on Amazon: My experiences to date have all been positive but I do review the feedback scores and comments before ordering from a 3rd-party that does not use Amazon fulfillment.

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:31 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · amazon purchases risk free?

if its sold by amazon, its just as safe as buying from any store. I actually prefer it over brick and mortar stores, its just easier to deal with amazon.

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:00 PM
lwrnclightner
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · amazon purchases risk free?

Its a third party seller and they just launched so no feedback! The deal is to good to be true so I'm going to stay away this time. But they might be trying to get a quick sale and get some feedback for all I know.

None the less I will pass.

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:30 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · amazon purchases risk free?

lwrnclightner wrote:
Is it safe to say that amozon is pretty fraud/risk free?

I don't know anything about that amozon, but I've been dealing with Amazon for years. I've always tried to buy products supplied directly by Amazon itself, as I think your chance of having anything go wrong if you need customer service is much better. I've had few occasions to contact their customer service, and I've always be dealt with appropriately. If I saw a good deal on a product supplied by Amazon, or "fulfilled by Amazon," I don't think I would hesitate to take advantage of it. By the same token, you're not likely to find the "too good to be true" deals on Amazon, because they are reputable. Some of their gold box specials, however, are very good.

Jan 09, 2013 at 06:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · amazon purchases risk free?

+1

EBH

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:08 AM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · amazon purchases risk free?

Safe IMO. Purchased several lenses, photo gear and other stuff from there. Only once a third party supplier listed on Amazon made a mistake and used the wrong postage on the package. But this was a single incident, I reported it in the shipping review of the supplier. Often the product reviews on Amazon are helpful especially in regard to potential drawbacks of a product. The rating of a third party supplier seems legit, too.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM
GC5
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · amazon purchases risk free?

I sell there sometimes. Their policies are pretty favorable to the buyers - but anytime you are buying from a third party, you are taking some risk.

Jan 12, 2013 at 04:23 AM
monsterbento

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · amazon purchases risk free?

95% of my Amazon purchases are sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon. I have bought non-photography stuff from third party - no problems. Ratings do play a big part on Amazon.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:37 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · amazon purchases risk free?

The one negative about Amazon is that their packaging is absolutely atrocious. I won't buy any fragile items from them any more. But other than that, they're totally good.

Jan 18, 2013 at 09:19 PM
RobCD
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · amazon purchases risk free?

Eyeball wrote:
Here is my level of confidence with Amazon based on many years as a customer:

Purchases from Amazon: Extremely high
Purchases from 3rd parties and "fulfilled by Amazon": High
Purchases from 3rd parties on Amazon: My experiences to date have all been positive but I do review the feedback scores and comments before ordering from a 3rd-party that does not use Amazon fulfillment.

Agree. I rarely order from 3rd party sellers and only low dollar items if I do. Anything Shipped and Sold by Amazon is golden and fulfilled by Amazon is ok.

Jan 19, 2013 at 03:45 PM
Rogue416

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · amazon purchases risk free?

Purchases that are "Sold By Amazon", you should not have any problems with. I just made my first purchase through a third party that was "Fulfilled By Amazon" last week. No problems. Seller had a 98% positive feedback so that eased my fears somewhat. I was going to purchase a blu-ray from a third party on Amazon, but cancelled when my cart showed a DVD instead. Fired off an email to Amazon and the next day that seller was gone.

Read the seller reviews and Google the name of the seller for more info. I do this every time I want to purchase from an "unknown seller", and it has not taken me down a wrong path. YMMV.

Trent

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:00 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password