Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Meg

locomacdaddy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Meg

First post in 'People"...

Would love some constructive feedback on these. It's been years since I've done casual/fun portraiture. These were just for fun- not paid and I am no professional. I just did some basic processing in LR. Thanks-

Edited on Jan 08, 2013 at 11:58 PM · View previous versions

Jan 08, 2013 at 11:50 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Meg

I'm viewing these on my note so not sure if they're accurate but the first looks a bit hot as well as 4.
I like the crop on 1 too.

Jan 08, 2013 at 11:55 PM
locomacdaddy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Meg

bbourizk wrote:
I'm viewing these on my note so not sure if they're accurate but the first looks a bit hot as well as 4.
I like the crop on 1 too.

Thanks bbourizk. Yes, I did process some of then a bit hot for effect...just not sure what that effect may be for others. It's hard to get good criticism from my wife anymore, I've trained her well...

Jan 09, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Prevelige
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Meg

Number 1 is excellent, but too hot for my taste as well, and I really like the composition and colors in number 3.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:05 AM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Meg

Fav is #2, agree with others re: #1...it's great but a lil hot...

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:32 AM
WillMilne

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Meg

Hi

Caveat - I'm a raw newbie here - I love the way you are playing with the image edge/boundary as a compositional/dynamic element. My windows /crt sys tell me #1 and #4 are a bit hot and the "colour" ( I'm a Scottish immigrant to Canada - hense the spelling) - seems a bit over processed.

That said I I think you created a wonderfull subject/viewer connection in #1 and # 3 has a great cinematic still quality to it.

Will

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:16 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Meg

Not too hot for me. I'm totally diggin it. THe hat in 1 is just perfect for the composition of that shot. Is this your wife? If so, Brent Mussburger totally got it wrong.

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:23 AM
locomacdaddy
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Meg

friscoron wrote:
Not too hot for me. I'm totally diggin it. THe hat in 1 is just perfect for the composition of that shot. Is this your wife? If so, Brent Mussburger totally got it wrong.

No, not my wife...model is only 16 yrs. old. She wanted to do a model/fashion type shoot for fun. Thanks for all the comments so far everyone-- very helpful. Please feel free to add more, I have thick skin!

Jan 09, 2013 at 04:15 AM

elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Meg

You can't get much more beautiful than that, now can you? A beautiful model helps any photo. I just don't like the processing on 1,3,and 4. I don't like the lighting on 2, and I don't like the expression on 5. The first 4 shots could be really nice with different processing or better exposure.

Just my opinion.

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:39 AM
benj
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Meg

Really like 3

Benj

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:12 AM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Meg

1 and 4 are severely blown out. I dig the concept in 4 best. Not a fan of the processing on the others.

Jan 10, 2013 at 06:13 PM
locomacdaddy
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Meg

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Like I mentioned, I am well aware that the photos were pushing highlights. She actually liked them processed but, I appreciate the honest opinions of you all. I have reprocessed a few and added another new one ---- I know that not everyone will like every photo (the beauty of art...) but, is the processing of these better to those who were not as keen on the others?

Also, is it just the processing or are there other issues I should watch for? I know for me, I do have other shots that she had other expressions and with these, she seems to have the same one. More diversity in expression is one of the issue I see with these. Thanks again, in advance.

1B

2B

3B

4B

5B

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
David-D
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Meg

Love the composition of 1 & 4, but would like them not to be so hot. Lovely model. thanks for sharing

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
locomacdaddy
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Meg

David-D wrote:
Love the composition of 1 & 4, but would like them not to be so hot. Lovely model. thanks for sharing

Thanks for taking time to comment David. I'm not sure what is going on but, as soon as I convert these to SRGB and upload them here, they are more contrasty and the highlights are clipping. I am calibrated and I guess I never really noticed this before...I'm not even close to clipping these on my monitor. Is this common or is my calibration wacked?

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Meg

The white skin in #1 isn't working for me at all. Seems to clash with the white of the hat. Love everything else about the shot, however. It looks good in B&W too.

Jan 11, 2013 at 09:26 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password