Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Zenfolio

misty23
• •
Account locked
p.1 #1 · Zenfolio

I currently have the Premium membership with Zenfolio and run my proofing and purchasing through them. I want to dump my old flash website and go to HTML for the SEO advantages.

I understand that I can create website with Zenfolio with my level of membership.

Does anyone know how that is done and is a "real"website with my domain name of one that has the Zenfolio name attached to it ? I don't want to lose my domain name which I have had for close 14 years.

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:07 AM
mike-in-ak
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Zenfolio

Zenfolio has a series of templates you can either use "as is" or customize. You can keep your domain as long as you change the DNS records to point to the Zenfolio site you create.

Mine is a "modified" version. I have my website on my own server with a photo gallery at Zenfolio.

All websites are "real" if you can get to them in a browser.

Zenfolio was recently acquired by art.com so look forward to changes.

Jan 11, 2013 at 07:34 PM
david debalko
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Zenfolio

mike-in-ak wrote:
Zenfolio has a series of templates you can either use "as is" or customize. You can keep your domain as long as you change the DNS records to point to the Zenfolio site you create.

Mine is a "modified" version. I have my website on my own server with a photo gallery at Zenfolio.

All websites are "real" if you can get to them in a browser.

Zenfolio was recently acquired by art.com so look forward to changes.

I saw Zenfolio was recently purchased, What do you think the changes will be?
My site is through Zenfolio - www.debalkophoto.com

Jan 11, 2013 at 08:36 PM
mike-in-ak
• •
p.1 #4 · Zenfolio

While the email from Zenfolio claims they will continue to operate as a separate unit, my personal experience with take overs and mergers is that sooner or later a decision is made to "standardize" everything. So I expect to see a morphing of Zenfolio into art.

I have only been to art.com briefly and was not impressed by what I saw. But that's just my opinion.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM
ACNYPhoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · Zenfolio

I'm looking to switch back to ZF (I was with them a few years ago) from smug mug since SM's pricing increases... I wonder how this will affect the subscription amounts?

SM gave selling for profit back to their lower level account bout for $150 a year you only get a single price list, ZF gives you unlimited for $120...

Jan 12, 2013 at 08:38 PM
kmorvant
• •
p.1 #6 · Zenfolio

I have a Zenfolio account and I've been very happy with it. It took some time and effort but I pointed my domain name to my Zenfolio created site. Check it out at KellyMorvant.com.

Jan 12, 2013 at 08:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #7 · Zenfolio

What does it mean that the Premium plan does NOT allow "Complete control over pending orders" What kind of control over orders does the premium business have that premium does not? Also, once someone has ordered with Premium can I proof the order (for instance - correcting crops for different aspect ratios, replacing a lower res photo with its higher res counterpart etc..) before it goes to print? Probably I would be self-fulfilling but there's a possibility I would use their printer.

brad

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:59 PM
Calin Leucuta
• •
p.1 #8 · Zenfolio

It will work and it it helps with SEO, they have good tutorials about pretty much everything you need to know about customization. Mine is zenfolio based and I'm pretty happy about the look:
www.zephyrfoto.com

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:22 AM
24Peter
• • •
p.1 #9 · Zenfolio

I have a question for all you ZF users: I've looked at your websites and they all say Flash Player for the photo slide shows. Aren't we wanting HTML5 sites for iOS compatibility?

Feb 15, 2013 at 04:16 AM
24Peter
• • •
p.1 #10 · Zenfolio

24Peter wrote:
I have a question for all you ZF users: I've looked at your websites and they all say Flash Player for the photo slide shows. Aren't we wanting HTML5 sites for iOS compatibility?

Anyone?

Feb 17, 2013 at 07:25 PM
24Peter
• • •
p.1 #11 · Zenfolio

24Peter wrote:
Anyone?

OK, answered my own question: the Zenfolio FAQ's states that they automatically convert Flash images to HTML5 for iOS devices. I guess I'm taking their word for it since I set up a Zenfolio account.

Feb 24, 2013 at 05:21 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password