Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Directing to blog only

misty23
• •
Account locked
p.1 #1 · Directing to blog only

I currently have a Google blog attached to my website run by Photo Identities. It is an
older flash based website. How do I redirect my domain name to my Blog ONLY and forgo the website ? Im looking at the SEO optimization angle.

Thanks.

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:04 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Directing to blog only

By Google blog do you mean your Google Plus page? I don't know if they allow a G+ to be your main site. Have never seen it done and does not appear to be the best use of it. Done right G+ is more of a holder of information that you place online so Google can ID is yours. Research the term 'authorship' as it relates to G+. For example in the search results my site comes up for "business portraits". Next to it is my photo and a line saying ' by my name.' that is a link to my G+ page. Next to that is another link 'more by my name'...showing a search page of many of the articles I have online, web pages etc. All making me appear to know something about photography. At least that is how I use G+. I get 3 unique pages shown within a single search result all talking about me.

To point your main domain ( www.xyz.com ) to another site would be done by the place that host your account. You may be able to do it using the place that you registered your domain with ( Go Daddy for example) but I think you would need a hosting account and then re-direct to the other site.I do my re-directs through my web host.

Hope that helps a little.

Jan 08, 2013 at 11:43 PM
misty23
• •
Account locked
p.1 #3 · Directing to blog only

jefferies1 wrote:
By Google blog do you mean your Google Plus page? I don't know if they allow a G+ to be your main site. Have never seen it done and does not appear to be the best use of it. Done right G+ is more of a holder of information that you place online so Google can ID is yours. Research the term 'authorship' as it relates to G+. For example in the search results my site comes up for "business portraits". Next to it is my photo and a line saying ' by my name.' that is a link to
...Show more

Thanks for the info. No, I have a regular Google Blog, not Google +. It is linked to my website. It is a a totally independent BLOG available to anyone. I have seen many photographers use a BLOG only instead of a website.

I want to dump my Flash website because Im not getting the search engine hits that I could receive and it is affecting my business. I get ZERO from Apple products.

My domain name is hosted through Network Solutions. So you did answer my question. I can re direct my domain name to my Blog so when searchers click, it goes straight to my Blog.

Thank you.

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:57 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Directing to blog only

Getting rid of the flash site is good. 75% of my clients use a Ipad or phone to find me so no telling how much business is lost using flash.
Sorry I don't know much about google blogs but if you want any SEO benefits then be sure to use your domain name and simply place the blog into the account as the home page. Don't use a free blog service. Don't re-direct to the blog, make it your home page.

Most use wordpress and you can buy a lot of low cost templates if the free options don't have what you want. You can still connect the G+ to the wordpress which is something you should do and be sure to install the code so your image appears next to your web page/blog in the search results. That would be a good start as you will stand out a lot more.

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password