FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sunset in the North Shore Mountains

jessfindlay
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunset in the North Shore Mountains

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8364/8345152832_61d1b86c7b_b.jpg

Hey everyone,

I recently spent some time photographing in the North Shore Mountains, just outside Vancouver, B.C.
On this particular evening in the Fannin Range, I was able to photograph some of the best light I've ever witnessed. This location in Mount Seymour Provincial Park offers a fantastic view of Vancouver, the Salish Sea and the Beaufort Mountain Range on Vancouver Island. Can't wait to get back up there once this system blows through!

Canon 5DMIII | Canon 17-40mm f/4 L

Thanks for looking!
- Jess Findlay

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:10 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunset in the North Shore Mountains

Hi Jess,

Nice image buddy but I think you have too many trees blocking that wonderful light. What is your subject? The sunset? or the tree? I think I understand what you are trying to do by framing the light but do you have any images from a slightly different perspective in which that rich colour is reflected onto the snow/trees as a secondary subject AND still preserves the sunset as the primary subject? Even a few images with less obstruction of the light I think would be an improvement.

Alan

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunset in the North Shore Mountains

Hey Jess,

That is some very cool light you got in the sky there. I like your shot here, but Alan brings up a good point that it would have been nice to have had the snow covered trees in the foreground but maybe not quite so prominent. I do think the shot of just the background without any foreground trees wouldn't have been as interesting as this one is though.

Jim

Jan 07, 2013 at 06:32 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.