Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2013 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Geoff D F

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

The scratched the back of my LCD at their repair facility in Melbourne. It looked like overzealous use of a box cutter by them to remove bubble wrap that did it. When I complained they at first denied it then claimed it was recieved in that condition.

Jan 08, 2013 at 03:49 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

I worry about the OP's 5D3 if they are too cheap to send you a piece of plastic that costs them $1 to make.

I can't believe someone would argue with Canon in order to get a lens cap back! Canon's caps suck anyway.

Jan 08, 2013 at 03:51 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Sarsfield wrote:
I can't believe someone would argue with Canon in order to get a lens cap back! Canon's caps suck anyway.

Why not? Don't they charge like $15 bucks for them?

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:19 AM
KibblesNbitz
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Haha, I'd love to see the look on the guys face when he opens the box and finds a 5D3 instead of the crappy 28-135 he sent in

Talk about a gift from Canon! I'd love to send in a 5D3 and get a 500L back...

Hope the situations gets worked out for you OP. Maybe they'll accidentally send you a 1DX ....

Jan 08, 2013 at 06:23 AM
mabidally
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Lucky you , I think you will get a new 5DIII from Canon

Jan 08, 2013 at 06:38 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

skibum5 wrote:
Why not? Don't they charge like $15 bucks for them?

A friend of mine sent his lens to Canon CPS to have it cleaned. It came back without a rear cap. He called and Canon said a rear cap wasn't included when he sent it in. He's furious, not just for a piece of $5 plastic. And I find that's quite understandable.

Jan 08, 2013 at 06:56 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

camerausername wrote:
I worry about the OP's 5D3 if they are too cheap to send you a piece of plastic that costs them $1 to make.

Canon Irvine ate my body cap...

Jan 08, 2013 at 07:55 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Gochugogi wrote:
Canon Irvine ate my body cap...

It's management issues. If it were my service centre... But seriously, a meticulous service centre servicing the valued gear of photographers? What I reading is disappointing. It's like going to Le Bernadin or The French Laundry and being served burnt toast.

Jan 08, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Shield
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Strangely enough, I just got a LIKE NEW 5D3 body in the mail! Looking to trade + cash so I can buy another 28-135 lens.

Jan 08, 2013 at 02:46 PM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

You can keep it. It probably still has the focusing issue that Canon refused to try to repair anyway.

Jan 08, 2013 at 03:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jess Edward
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

I talked to Canon today and they are at least going to send me a loaner 5D MkIII until they can locate my camera.

Its funny because the first person I spoke with yesterday told me that they lost the camera, then the second person I spoke with told me that they didnt lose it and that they for sure had it right there and that it was going to be mailed out to me today. The person I just spoke with said they still have no idea where my camera is but that the are looking for it.

They really need to get their stories straight.

Jan 08, 2013 at 06:20 PM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

I just received my brand new 5D MkIII from Canon today as a replacement for the one they lost. Funny thing is they made it a point of opening the box and taking out all the accessories that would have come with it. I guess even after losing your camera they wont let you have anything extra.

Jan 22, 2013 at 09:40 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

I am really glad they sent you a new one. Man, that took them a long time to resolve, though.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Jess Edward wrote:
I just received my brand new 5D MkIII from Canon today as a replacement for the one they lost. Funny thing is they made it a point of opening the box and taking out all the accessories that would have come with it. I guess even after losing your camera they wont let you have anything extra.

amazing.

what customer service! :roll:

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

I mean talking about missing the customer service 101 lecture. Inconvenience a customer for weeks and make sure you conspicuously remove the $2 cable nobody cares about? They should have sent you a new one and a few free clean and check vouchers for your inconvenience.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Jess Edward wrote:

nice to hear, although after having to go without it for weeks you think they'd have let the free battery and extra charger slide to make up for time lost

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Mitchell Carter
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Jess Edward wrote:

It's a loaner, right? So it makes sense that they loan you the missing body only, and not send you doubles of a bunch of wires and booklets and CDs that you don't want and will have to return.

I'm glad you're getting this straightened out.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Mitchell Carter wrote:
It's a loaner, right? So it makes sense that they loan you the missing body only, and not send you doubles of a bunch of wires and booklets and CDs that you don't want and will have to return.

I'm glad you're getting this straightened out.

No they sent me a loaner body 2 weeks ago and the one they sent me today was a permanent replacement for the one they lost. They arent able to find mine. Im assuming they sent it to the guy whos lens I got and he just decided to keep it since he sent in a $300 lens and got a $3,000 camera in return.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Whats also funny is the one they sent me today they also removed the rubber eyepiece so I had to call and get them to send me a new one of those too.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Wonder what happens when your original 5D III needs service from them. I guess they just send him his 28-135(unless they just let you keep it for the hassle).

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:10 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password