Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Jess Edward
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before. I sent my 5D MkIII in to Canon a little over a month ago because of some focusing issues and after testing the camera they suggested I send it some of my lenses to test them with the camera. A few weeks later I received a Purolator package from Canon with my lenses in it and no camera body. I called the repair place in Mississauga where I had the work done and they said that it shows in their computer that they mailed them together. They are currently looking into it and are going to call me back if they can figure out what happened to the camera.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Jan 07, 2013 at 06:27 PM
Bearmann
• • •
p.1 #2 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Save the shipping box and filler. The shipping weight should prove that the camera was not included.

Jan 07, 2013 at 06:43 PM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.1 #3 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Im really hoping that they will just find it sitting there in the repair facility ready to be mailed out but who knows.

Jan 07, 2013 at 06:47 PM
onegreatcity
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Yikes! For your sake, I hope it turns up quickly and unscathed. As for Canon losing it, perhaps but consider also the involvement of the shipper/courier. I recall at least once in the past ten years hearing of a postal employee hoarding undelivered mail at their home...

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:18 PM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.1 #5 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

onegreatcity wrote:
Yikes! For your sake, I hope it turns up quickly and unscathed. As for Canon losing it, perhaps but consider also the involvement of the shipper/courier. I recall at least once in the past ten years hearing of a postal employee hoarding undelivered mail at their home...

I got a package today with my 2 lenses that I had sent in along with the camera and when I called Canon to ask them about it they said their computer shows that they sent the camera in the same box as the lenses so its not a matter of a disgruntled postal worker so much as someone at Canon just not putting it in the box for some reason. Im just hoping they didn't mail it to someone else. Ive been waiting for almost a month and a half for this thing now.

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:31 PM
pubtime
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

It's easy for them to tell and it's Canon. If the weight they shipped it out at was less than impossible to have included the camera, you'll get a new one. If the ship weight is correct, they'll have the carrier run the weight scans through the delivery to see where it went missing, then they will file a claim and get you the money for the insured value.

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:32 PM
Jonesy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

They lost my new 50L!
I sent my 5D in with about 4 lenses. Everything but my 50L came back. I fought with them over it and trying to prove it was in the box. They finally sent me another but it was refurbished and not new like the one I had aghhhhh

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:35 PM
campyone
• •
p.1 #8 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

The Canon repair facility in California lost a lens cap of mine but nothing like an entire camera. The interesting thing with the lens cap was that at first they didn't want to replace it! I had to argue with someone up the line to get them to send me a replacement. Fortunately for me I had shown the lens cap as being included when I sent the lens in.

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:36 PM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.1 #9 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Wow, so it looks like I can plan on them being quite difficult about this if they aren't able to find my camera. It will be irritating if they try to replace it with a refurbished model. I didn't pay for a refurbished camera and Ill be damned if they are going to try to give me a previously defective model as a replacement for mine because of their mistake.

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #10 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

With all due respect, you haven't gotten to the point where they're going to replace your camera. Sh*t happens. Give them a chance to look into the matter.

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Yeah a long time ago I sent in my 5d with my 85L. They sent back my 5d without the 85L. It took about 2 weeks of phone calls before they "found it". Also, since I sent them in attached, they shipped both of them back with nothing to cover them. The 5D had no cap on the body and same with the lens. I had a ton of dust in the camera.

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:52 PM
convergent
• • •
p.1 #12 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

pubtime wrote:
It's easy for them to tell and it's Canon. If the weight they shipped it out at was less than impossible to have included the camera, you'll get a new one. If the ship weight is correct, they'll have the carrier run the weight scans through the delivery to see where it went missing, then they will file a claim and get you the money for the insured value.

This should be the answer to the mystery. I'd immediately check the weight on the initial shipping record and see if it was different from what you received. If not, its probably proof that the camera was never in the box.

Jan 07, 2013 at 07:53 PM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.1 #13 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
With all due respect, you haven't gotten to the point where they're going to replace your camera. Sh*t happens. Give them a chance to look into the matter.

Oh yea totally Im just more trying to find out what their general method of dealing with situations like this are. They could very well just find the camera sitting on the shelf today and get it mailed out right away and it would be done and over with. Im not too upset with them at this point. The only thing that sucks is that I have been without my main camera for such a long time now that I would like to have it back as soon as possible just so I can stop using my backup camera.

Jan 07, 2013 at 08:42 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #14 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Jess Edward wrote:
Oh yea totally Im just more trying to find out what their general method of dealing with situations like this are. They could very well just find the camera sitting on the shelf today and get it mailed out right away and it would be done and over with. Im not too upset with them at this point. The only thing that sucks is that I have been without my main camera for such a long time now that I would like to have it back as soon as possible just so I can stop using my backup camera.

The loss of a camera for weeks is hard - been there, done that.

Canon Canada is a pretty good organization overall, and I'm confident they'll either find your camera, or make things right.

Jan 07, 2013 at 08:47 PM
ardvorak
• •
p.1 #15 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Wow. That's surprising.

*toes crossed for the speedy return of the camera*

Jan 07, 2013 at 08:58 PM
Jess Edward
• • •
p.1 #16 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

So here is a funny twist to it. When I received the box I just quickly pulled out the two bubble wrapped packages with lenses in them and then called them when I didnt find a camera in there. I just got a call from Canon saying that the weight of the box they sent had to have included the camera as well so I took everything out of the box again and unwrapped each of the lenses and realized that they packaged my 24-70 and 50mm f1.4 in the same bubble wrapping and the second one was someone elses 28-135. Im assuming that the guy whos lens I have must have received my 5D MkIII today and now they are going to have to figure out where it ended up to get it back to me.

Jan 07, 2013 at 09:25 PM
Greggbhill
• •
p.1 #17 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

The guy who sent in the 28-135 must be thinking he got the deal of a lifetime. Send a broken 28-135 and get back a fixed 5D3...

Seriously though, hope they straighten it all out for you!

Jan 07, 2013 at 09:45 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

Greggbhill wrote:
The guy who sent in the 28-135 must be thinking he got the deal of a lifetime. Send a broken 28-135 and get back a fixed 5D3...

Seriously though, hope they straighten it all out for you!

But seriously, wow, feel sorry for the OP, what a mess.

Jan 07, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

I feel your pain but i cant help but chuckle at this major blunder. Canon lost my 35 lens i sent in with my 1DS MK III years ago and they replaced it pretty quickly. In your case it would be interesting if they are able to get the 5d back from the guy who got it by accident.

Jan 07, 2013 at 10:22 PM
camerausername
• •
p.1 #20 · Canon may have lost my 5D MkIII...

campyone wrote:
The Canon repair facility in California lost a lens cap of mine but nothing like an entire camera. The interesting thing with the lens cap was that at first they didn't want to replace it! I had to argue with someone up the line to get them to send me a replacement.

I worry about the OP's 5D3 if they are too cheap to send you a piece of plastic that costs them $1 to make.

Jan 08, 2013 at 03:37 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password