Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · CPS Neck Strap Question

ssc45
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · CPS Neck Strap Question

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but when wearing the CPS neck strap, what is the correct way for it to be mounted? In other words, when it is around your neck, does the person behind you see the logo and "Canon" right side up or upside down? There is a reason for the question, but I will hold that issue. I know what I think is correct.

Thanks, Steve

Jan 06, 2013 at 01:56 AM
wardy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · CPS Neck Strap Question

I mount it so the logo is seen by who ever is behind me, this way, when shouldered, the lens kinda rides down my hamstring/lower butt cheek. It's comfy and the lens doesn't hang out the side and bang around on everything....

I'm assuming Theres no right or wrong way but I could be wrong..

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:04 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · CPS Neck Strap Question

ssc45 wrote:
...when wearing the CPS neck strap, what is the correct way for it to be mounted? ...does the person behind you see the logo and "Canon" right side up or upside down?

My preference would be for it to read "correctly" when worn, but I don't think you'll have your membership cancelled if you wear it differently from someone else.

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:16 AM
cputeq
• • • •
p.1 #4 · CPS Neck Strap Question

Going off memory here because I sold mine (like an idiot) but I think it's slightly curved to allow folding over the neck one way a bit more than the other.

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:45 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #5 · CPS Neck Strap Question

it depends on how tall the person behind you is

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:56 AM
Mitchell Carter
• • •
p.1 #6 · CPS Neck Strap Question

There was no one behind me to ask to I checked in a mirror -- the logo was right side up but backwards. Seriously, as cputeq says, the padded section is curved (sort of like a canoe) so it form-fits the neck better when the logo is right side up.

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:26 AM
hugodrax
• • •
p.1 #7 · CPS Neck Strap Question

What happens if you have a Nikon strap on your Canon?

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:41 AM
johnip
• • •
p.1 #8 · CPS Neck Strap Question

hugodrax wrote:

It's not good. I wouldn't try it!

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · CPS Neck Strap Question

As others have said, these Op/Tech straps are designed to be read correctly from behind.

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:24 AM
ssc45
• •
p.1 #10 · CPS Neck Strap Question

I agree. In reviewing the op/tech website it indicates how to wear and set-up the strap. The reason for the question is that when I bought my 1dm4--from a CPS member, he had the strap upside down. I changed it and was good to go. However, I took the camera to Canon last week for a repair and it had the strap attached. When I received the camera back, the strap had been removed and reinstalled upside down. I have reversed it again to be read correctly from behind.

Go figure??

Cheers, Steve

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:46 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · CPS Neck Strap Question

Whenever I send a camera body in to CPS, I always unclip the upper belt of the strap, leaving the ends attached to the camera, as well as removing the eyecup, battery, and media cards (and battery grip if applicable). I add the body cap and battery cover (if I have it!). Canon likes it that way, and so do I -- less bulk for shipping and less worries about parts.

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:38 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · CPS Neck Strap Question

hugodrax wrote:

It would be bad.

Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Jan 07, 2013 at 02:57 AM
mikeinctown
• •
p.1 #13 · CPS Neck Strap Question

The correct way would be for the most comfortable feel for you.

I have an OP Tech strap and it doesn't have all the fancy side stitching. Do the sling straps have the stitched edges? Or is this a CPS only thing?

Jan 07, 2013 at 01:43 PM
mgkaplan
• •
p.1 #14 · CPS Neck Strap Question

How do you attach this strap. The loops seem too big to get through the slots on the camera?

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:51 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #15 · CPS Neck Strap Question

Poke strong thread or nylon through first and then use that to pull - with force - the strap loops through.

Jan 09, 2013 at 10:01 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password