Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · First Post - Part 2... (Portraits of my Wife & Self)

fgransee
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · First Post - Part 2... (Portraits of my Wife & Self)

To complete the first post ... here are two more photos, one candid of my wife (experimenting with a ring flash) and one shot of myself in order to round up my introduction. Frank

fgransee 2013

fgransee 2013

Jan 06, 2013 at 01:29 AM
gregSC
• • •
p.1 #2 · First Post - Part 2... (Portraits of my Wife & Self)

Pretty Lady, it does look like an overflashed candid shot. Your DOF must have been very shallow at it looks like the focus was on her lips and not her eyes. I like the pictures of her much better in your other post. I wish I had more experience with a ring flash to offer some help.

Greg

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:11 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #3 · First Post - Part 2... (Portraits of my Wife & Self)

Quite a huge difference in the 3D look of your portrait compared to hers. Shadows give depth, and when they are all absent, it can look pretty flat like your wife's portrait appears. Although your wife is a very lovely lady, your portrait is way more flattering than the one you presented of her.

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:17 PM

ICE B1

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · First Post - Part 2... (Portraits of my Wife & Self)

Frank, ring flashes are wonderful for photographing stamps and coins. Not so much people; especially when the flash is mounted on the lens and you're close. I have to concur with Greg and ESC... Your portrait is stunning. While your wife is indeed beautiful, this is not a flattering portrait of her.

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · First Post - Part 2... (Portraits of my Wife & Self)

Quick Comments:

Nice expression in image 2. Good portrait of a man.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:36 PM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #6 · First Post - Part 2... (Portraits of my Wife & Self)

Thank you for the feedback ... I can confirm that I had greater expectations for the ring flash on portraits. I experienced also this unnatural gray look in the pupils (from the flash illuminating the inside of the eye, I suppose). This could be fixed in post processing though. I'll keep on playing with it a little more ...

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:39 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password