Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 6D Auto Focus

M Lucca
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · 6D Auto Focus

chez wrote:
I guess I am not getting my point across. Every new camera will be better...that is not up for debate. However, we as consumers need to decide when a given camera is good enough and spending another $900 won't deliver anymore better photos. I am claiming for shooting kids at home just for fun, the 5d2 with center AF will do just fine. Heck, it has done just fine for 5 years. Adding a 35 1.4 with the price difference will allow more opportunities than getting a new camera with existing 50 1.4.

Dude that look like the guy from the Red Green Show is right and full of wisdom. Why I used to do wedding work with an old EOS 3000 with a whopping 3 AF point!
Maybe I have mad skillz.

5d/2 center-point AF is very good. Too bad it is a one-man act. This will be the same with the 6d.

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:22 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #2 · 6D Auto Focus

chez wrote:
Yes Ralph...the 6d is the camera for you...but this thread is not about you. I am trying to help the OP with a decision. Right now he has a 5d and a 50 1.4 which is a dog of a lens for AF. I still say a better upgrade for the OP would be to get a lightly used 5d2 and a Sigma 35 1.4 and he would have much better success at shooting kids compared to a 6d and his existing 50 1.4. The center focus along with the 6 assist points do a very god job at
...Show more

I had to smile about the highlightes sentense, chez. It just shows that (many) people again and again criticize about others, what they do themself. In all 6D threads I read your opinion that 6D is not worth any additional payment over a used 5D II. As far I remember only in one this was kind of the OPs question.

Read my comments again and you will see they are absolutely on topic.
Read your comments and ask yourself if they have something to do with the OPs question.

You tried the 6D in a store and you and you did not see any difference in outer points.
I did the same and tried it a couple of times because some people here asked for it. I tried it next to my 5D II. There is a huge difference in outer point performance. Many people who already use the camera share and already mentioned this experience. Concerning the center AF points performance there is no question that it outperforms 5D/5D IIs, too. You yourself found the center AF performance of 5D II outperforming the 7Ds. The 6D is much more reliable in any conditions I tested, if you see it, or not.

That might answer the OPs question betterimo than your again and again repeated opinion that 5D II is as good/goodenough and buying a used one would safe money for nice lenses.

This thread indeed is not about me. It is not about you, too. It is just about the 6Ds AF performance compared to 5D (5D II) and the OP told us that he would prefere a 5D III.

Ralph

Jan 06, 2013 at 11:44 AM
M Lucca
• • •
p.2 #3 · 6D Auto Focus

Ralph Conway wrote:
I had to smile about the highlightes sentense, chez. It just shows that (many) people again and again criticize about others, what they do themself. In all ....

Ralph

Dude are you trying to apply for the Menu Writer position at Canon?

heh can't resist.

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:54 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #4 · 6D Auto Focus

Should have been a "d" instead of an "s". Looks like my fingers getting to clumsy with age. Maybe I should start to think about switching to one of those 1D "bricks" instead of a smart convenient 6D ...

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:16 PM
bcguy
• •
p.2 #5 · 6D Auto Focus

Thanks everyone for your input. I am rather happy with my 5D overall, and I am successfully photographing my child with it, but I have read in some places that autofocus on the 6D was improved over the 5D Mk II (and thus the 5DC). If the 6D was more capable with the outer focus points, then I may have been willing to purchase it and overlook some of its shortcomings, especially the lack of a joystick. Other than the autofocus, I have no complaints at all about my 5D. I guess I'll stick with what I've got!

Thank you everyone!

Jan 06, 2013 at 07:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password