New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Inks

Ego Agu
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Inks

Please can some one tell me where i can purchase inks for epson stylus pro 3850? I checked in b&h they only have inks for 3880 and 4800. Thanks in advance.

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:50 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Inks

There's no such thing as a 3850 in the US, so US vendors won't list anything for it. If you know it's equivalent to another printer (it looks like it uses the same ink cartridges as the 3800, but I don't know that for certain) you can probably order from the US, but otherwise you'd be better served shopping somewhere it was actually sold.

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:40 PM
iweiner

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Inks

The 3850 is the 'equiv' of any of the 38xx series. If you are looking cor 'carts w/ink' check the Epson website.

If you looking for 'ink' to refill your carts you will need to purchase refillable carts and ink for this purpose.

Visit:
Jon Cone

inkjetcarts

inkjetfly

inkrepublic

Purchase the 80 ml carts and 4 oz bottles of ink for start. The Cone carts come with auto reset chips used in conjunction with the chips from the OEM carts. Your running ink costs will be reduced by 80+%. These above vendors are recognized for their hi quality refillables. I've been using Cone and Inkjetcarts for the past 2 yrs in my 3880, creating hi quality prints on canvas and paper.

good luck irv weiner

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:45 AM
alexkiowa

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Inks

B&H would not support 3850. they must be 3880 or 3800.

If non-OEM inks is one of your options, I would suggest you take a look at InkRepublic's 38XX i-Refill inks and kit. 3850 is not US model, so I assume you are in oversea, perhaps Japan or Asia area? They do ship to oversea without extra charge and very likely they do support 3850 model as well. (Perhaps the only company supports 3850 system). Their latest IRK4 inks are wonderful, no clogs, and ABW-mode is perfect! Photo BlacK is superb in blackness too!
they do ship to other countries, so I believe they can support you 3850.
http://www.inkrepublic.com/international.asp
http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/josephbertony/review.asp
http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/3800-belen/review.asp

Good luck
-A

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:58 AM
calk
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Inks

Try www.atlex.com.

Oops! I just checked there and the 3850 is not listed.
Sorry.

Cal

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:30 PM
jchin
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Inks

NOTE: as far as I was told, the 3800 series is not cross-compatible. The 3850 uses a different set of ink than the 3820. I assume the 3880 is also different.

Jan 06, 2013 at 08:45 PM
alexkiowa

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Inks

jchin wrote:
NOTE: as far as I was told, the 3800 series is not cross-compatible. The 3850 uses a different set of ink than the 3820. I assume the 3880 is also different.

as long as the cartridge IDs are different, they wont be compatible.

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:15 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.