Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

Seems to me last time I looked you couldn't get the Sandisk Extreme Pro 16GB SDHC card for less than $70 or so from a reputable retailer. Now J&R, Newegg and others have them at $39.99! I just went to best Buy to spend a GC and they still have them marked at $74.99. They price matched Newegg when I asked them. Can't believe the price. Also the 32GB seem to be at $65 right now. Aren't these unusually low prices for the Extreme Pro??! Best Buy was out of the 32GB.

J&R - http://www.jr.com/sandisk/pe/SAD_SDSDXPA016G/

Newegg - deleted the newegg link because it has some kind of Google Adwords nonsense mixed in. You can find it on Newegg if you want I'm sure.

brad

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:01 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

Those have been the B&H prices for about a month. XMAS sales carrying over into the new year, I would guess.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:19 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

32GB Extreme Proscards are selling for $70+.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:26 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

^ $65 for the 32GB.
I'm pretty sure I checked this product at B&H within the past month and it wasn't this cheap. I could be wrong.,. maybe it was a little over a month. Either way it's a killer deal.

brad

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:05 PM
neilvan
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

- I got mine at a local drug store (in Canada) a year ago for $39.99... yes the Extreme PRO version.

Jan 05, 2013 at 04:52 AM
Gregstx
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

A friend spotted a 1 day sale on the Best Buy site about a month ago. Sandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC 30 MB/s card for $39.95. I barely got in under the deadline.

Jan 05, 2013 at 02:58 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

I bought 2 of the 32gb/95mb from b&h in early Dec for about $65 each if I recall correctly. Compared to pricing in Canada, it was basically it was a joke.

Neilvan, if you got a 16gb/95mb at that price a year ago, it must have been mis-priced. Happened all the time when I worked at Staples. You say a drug store...was it London Drugs?

Don's Photo wants $159.99 for the 32gb/95mb and at Henry's it's on sale right now for $99 ($70 off).

Jan 05, 2013 at 03:15 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

Gregstx wrote:
A friend spotted a 1 day sale on the Best Buy site about a month ago. Sandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC 30 MB/s card for $39.95. I barely got in under the deadline.

That isn't the card being discussed though. The 30mb cards are a lot cheaper than the 95mb cards.

Still a decent price, B&H has them on sale right now for about $55.

Jan 05, 2013 at 03:18 PM
neilvan
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

DTOB wrote:
I bought 2 of the 32gb/95mb from b&h in early Dec for about $65 each if I recall correctly. Compared to pricing in Canada, it was basically it was a joke.

Neilvan, if you got a 16gb/95mb at that price a year ago, it must have been mis-priced. Happened all the time when I worked at Staples. You say a drug store...was it London Drugs?

Don's Photo wants $159.99 for the 32gb/95mb and at Henry's it's on sale right now for $99 ($70 off).

Correction, it was June 16, 2012 and it was $49.99, I just checked the receipt. I worked at Staples ( a long time ago) as well! No, it wasn't a price error, it was on-ad and was available at that price for almost two weeks. Yes, it was London Drugs...

I can scan the receipt if you would like to see it.

Jan 05, 2013 at 03:24 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

Oh no, I'll take you at your word. That's a very good buy, especially in Canada where our memory card pricing is typically insane.

Londong Drugs (although I would hardly call them a 'drug store'...never actually seen the pharmacy counter in one) can do some crazy things with their pricing at times. Makes me wonder sometimes if they are on the up-and-up, supplier wise.

Jan 05, 2013 at 03:30 PM
Jun Zhou
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

I bought 32G SDHC extreme pro from adorama for $55

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:05 AM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

In Canada right now the cheapest I've seen with local (to me) pick up for the 16GB 95MB/S Extreme Pro cards is ~ $60 at Best Buy, on sale now. Amazon.ca has them for $68 shipping included.

Henry's has them the cheapest, I think - $49.99 with free Xpresspost shipping. The Camera Store in Calgary is marginally cheaper but $10 for shipping.

B&H has them for $38.95 but they become as costly as Canadian prices if importing them using B&H's prepaid system.

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:22 PM
Stilltime
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

The Best Buy near me marks up all of their SD and CF cards a rediculous amount, but they are always happy to price match B&H. I bough the 2-pack of SDHC cards at Best Buy with the price match, saved a good deal of money!

Jan 06, 2013 at 10:31 PM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC deal - am I wrong or is this awesome??

Sadly in Canada we can't generally get retailers to price match B&H or other U.S. retailers but certainly will match pretty much any Canadian on-line price, without considering freight, which is nice and frequently handy. Unfortunately their selection in CF and SDHC cards is often limited up here.

Jan 06, 2013 at 11:07 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.