Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Street photo - a man and his cat

unravel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Street photo - a man and his cat

Stopped and chatted with him (and of course gave my contribution). Very pleasant man, allowed me to take pictures of him as well which i wanted to share. Would love some constructive criticism, what other angle i should have explored, etc. as well as feedback on post processing (all done in LR)

It was my first real outing with the d600 and i had a 50mm on, needless to say doing portraits with it was not so easy

first time uploading pictures on FM, hope they turn out large enough for viewing

not sure if this version or the one with the cat looking at him

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:40 PM
unravel
• •
p.1 #2 · Street photo - a man and his cat

they look a lot less grainy on flickr, i have no idea how to export jpegs and size them correctly!

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:42 PM
didierv
• •
p.1 #3 · Street photo - a man and his cat

Good set !

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:21 AM
astrodave
• •
p.1 #4 · Street photo - a man and his cat

I think the first one is my favorite because of the interaction between the two. My only suggestion is that you might try a B&W conversion to see how you like it.

Jan 05, 2013 at 08:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Street photo - a man and his cat

Flicker messes with your photos. Find a better place to post from.

These are great and welcome to FM

Morris

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:10 PM
hugodrax
• • •
p.1 #6 · Street photo - a man and his cat

I would say #2 is the best, it is the most effective image. It conveys emotion and a connection with the subject.

When a photograph evokes emotion and the audience feels a connection with the subject matter then it is a successful photograh. I think you did a real good job with #2.

So think of why #2 happened and your goal is to reach more of that level.

Excellent post processing/grading and composition (on #2) it does very well on a technical level.

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:12 AM
unravel
• •
p.1 #7 · Street photo - a man and his cat

Thank you everyone for the comments and welcomes! Yeah i keep going between 1 and 2 myself. i really wanted to get up close and personal to him but even getting #2 with a 50mm on FX felt like i was invading his space a bit.

What was interesting in general is approaching a subject like this, striking a conversation, taking pictures while in broad daylight on the busiest street in the city. It is also a bit controversial since it can be looked upon as me taking advantage of his situation, but i personally don't feel that way, particularly as i work in mental health myself.

Jan 06, 2013 at 07:09 AM
joesfotosite

p.1 #8 · Street photo - a man and his cat

I like these, a lot of emotion in them since you got in close to the subject. I'd love to see these in B&W, I think it would suit the mood nicely.

Jan 06, 2013 at 07:40 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password