Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Good RAW presets for old film looks and general fashion/travel work

alexhibbert
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Good RAW presets for old film looks and general fashion/travel work

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of 'preset packs' out there for LR and ACR, some of which are very crude, some very good, some free, some pricey. Obviously they are only a starting point, but could someone recommend one which they think really works and has a great range of classic (Kodachrome etc) or modern but subtle and not overblown looks? Subjects are likely to be editorial fashion, travel and lifestyle.

I use ACR in CS6, not LR.

One simple example is the look here (obviously actually taken on film I know....)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255693/Last-pictures-life-iron-curtain-collapse-USSR.html

Thanks!
Alex

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:00 AM
marko1953
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Good RAW presets for old film looks and general fashion/travel work

I use Prestopia. I downloaded a whole "pack" of presets,for LR, some are better than others but I like the Avedon for black and white and there are some nice sepia and antique ones as well. There is a velvia and one similar to kodachrome. I usually have to tweak the settings but they are a great starting point. Wasn't too expensive, worth it for weddings. Have you tried actioncentral for PS actions? There is a great one called gothic glow which I love.

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:31 AM
alexhibbert
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Good RAW presets for old film looks and general fashion/travel work

Thanks. Any others specifically as ACR presets?

Jan 05, 2013 at 01:15 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Good RAW presets for old film looks and general fashion/travel work

Just downloaded the free Presetopia presets. Loving the Gesso + charcoal, and the Film Contrast presets!

Jan 05, 2013 at 02:06 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.