Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D7000 helps to create 3d Macro Scene

miguellara
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D7000 helps to create 3d Macro Scene

Hi.
I work with 3d at work and usually relly in out house textures packages. Since I have been shooting some macros lately... I decided to create a little Macro 3d scene and used my d7000 to create the textures that I used in my little project.
This is not a photograph... it is a 3d environment created from scratch... and a virtual camera inside the software takes the shot... you still need to worry about shuter speed... aperture and all those thing like in a real camera. And my d7000 was used to capture the textures used in the objects in the scene.

Yet another use for my d7000 :-) .

The final render.....

Wire Frame of the scene...

Edited on Jan 04, 2013 at 11:43 AM · View previous versions

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:32 AM
workerdrone
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D7000 helps to create 3d Macro Scene

you are a talented guy, cranking out some interesting posts

a virtual camera huh?

maybe you could come up with a sort of camera geek video game, where I could take my virtual self and my virtual D4 and 400mm 2.8 on an African safari and try to get the perfect shot for my 'portfolio'

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:42 AM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D7000 helps to create 3d Macro Scene

Cool. What software are you using?

Back in the day, I used to use Bryce 3D, since it was very well suited to easily creating landscapes or other large environments that, as a photo guy, I found appealing. Haven't played with it in several years, though.

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:20 PM
miguellara
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D7000 helps to create 3d Macro Scene

Tks guys,

workerdrone wrote:
maybe you could come up with a sort of camera geek video game, where I could take my virtual self and my virtual D4 and 400mm 2.8 on an African safari and try to get the perfect shot for my 'portfolio'

... I don't program games but if I every do... I will work in this :-) .

binary visions wrote:
Cool. What software are you using?

Back in the day, I used to use Bryce 3D, since it was very well suited to easily creating landscapes or other large environments that, as a photo guy, I found appealing. Haven't played with it in several years, though.

I haven't heard of that one before, but for this shot I worked with 3ds Max for modeling Lighting and UV Mapping, Photoshop for textures and Vray for Rendering. 3d opens new doors for Imaging, and actually has a lot in common with Photography.

Jan 04, 2013 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password