Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pixma MG 8220 - Doesn't support LR4 of CS6?

Dennis M 1064
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pixma MG 8220 - Doesn't support LR4 of CS6?

We just bought a new all-in-one printer to replace our old Epson. It is a Canon Pixma MG8220. I'm running an iMac 27 with 10.8.2 Mt. Lion, and found out that the disk that came with the printer, doesn't work with the latest version of OS for Mac. A call to tech support, and I was up and running with the drivers and software. So I thought.

I tried a test photo via LR4. I could not get printer controls other than, paper size, and the option of fine, but all on plain paper. Nowhere was there or is there an option for Glossy/Matte etc.

I tried again in CS6. Same thing.

Called Tech support, he said, why don't you just use Canon's Easy Print Software (blah blah) I said I would prefer to print directly from my processing software. He said you can do that, be Canon doesn't support it. I asked how I can select glossy paper, he said download and use Canon's Easy Print software.

I find this to be a bit frustrating. I then asked what setting I needed for my output resolution for the best print? He said Jpeg.

I said, um, ok, but what about the resolution? When I size my image, do I use 240? 300? He said it doesn't matter, because Jpeg deals with that.

So, I am now getting a little frustrated. I asked, what is the maximum file resolution setting that the printer can print at? He said 9600 x 2400 DPI.

I said thank you for your help.

Can anyone help me with this printer? I have a box of Pictorico Premium Photo Glossy Paper that I would like to use up, so would look into profiles for the paper, but I would first like to figure out what the limitations of this printer are. Am I only going to be able to select print settings from their very basic Easy Bake Oven printer software? I realize this is not a "professional Printer" but does that mean that I won't be able to use it with professional post processing software?

How can I get the printer output to match my calibrate monitor, with Canon's simple minded software? There does not seem to be a lot of options there.

Thanks,

Dennis

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:16 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password