Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Well it's that time of year for sure.

lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Well it's that time of year for sure.

Plenty of wood now. lolol

Hope my nephew don't get too mad at me.

Anyway, if only you folks knew how long it took me to figure out how to make these log stacks (been wanting to do this since, someone shared a story on a guy that actually did make an image from stacked logs). lol

Well, another thing conquered. I really need to spend some time studing for my Comtia Security+ exam, but decided to blow off this week and will hit it hard starting next week (do I know the art of procrastinating or what; lol).

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:06 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Well it's that time of year for sure.

No reason to start another thread. This time, I tried to create rings and outer rine using a few things including G'MIC's Edges offset for the rings. Hope my other nephew doesn't get mad at me either. lolol

Jan 03, 2013 at 05:36 PM
Pete A
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Well it's that time of year for sure.

very impressive.

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:56 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Well it's that time of year for sure.

Thanks Pete; going to toy with splitting the logs using GIMP's Mosaic filter when I get time (have a 12 hour shift that I have to get ready for in an hour and another one tomorrow evening; lol). Maybe I can coax higher focus when I indeed split the logs.

Jan 05, 2013 at 05:49 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Well it's that time of year for sure.

Had a little more time today (only have an 8 hour shift this evening; lol) to do some more experimenting. Some of you may recognize this flower. lol

Anyway, instead of motion blur for the extrusion, I used Wind distortion (G'MIC's version; could have used GIMPs, but I already had G'MIC open; lol) for the bark rine before texurizing that part. Also, still haven't figured out how to split the logs, but am experimenting with G'MICs Stain Glass blended to create cracks. lol

Jan 07, 2013 at 06:44 PM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.