Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · Just wondering.........

Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just wondering.........

OK so I have been around here for a while, and sometimes I feel intrusive to others work here but that is never my intent

If I see C&C appreciated I will often go an extra step to comment openly, I rarely hide my honest opinions when I comment on anyones work anyhow. So I am 'just wondering' the general consensus of those that receive my crits and nits if I should continue doing as I have done or back off or change my approach to how I do it or even if I do it.

It is a lot less time consuming for me to just to give you simple hello and 'nice work' but I also learn by commenting on what or how I see others work.

So take a moment and cast a vote if you don't mind, sorry I didn't make an option for 'just go away you bother me' so I will be here this year again!

Karl

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:36 PM
Rob Tillyer
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just wondering.........

Hey Karl just keep doing what you do, I love it. Any help is good help. If I don't agree than that's a good point to start a discussion. The more we help each other, the better we become as a group and the more fun we have.

Rob

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:48 PM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just wondering.........

You are always helpful and you express your C&C in a friendly and positive way. Keep up the good work.

Larry

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:48 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Just wondering.........

Hi Karl,

Your comments are open and honest and your suggestions are excellent. Iím very happy to receive both positive and negative comments and wish more people would provide the polite feedback that you do. As this is an art, there will always be differences of opinion and thatís part of what makes it interesting.

Morris

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:55 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Just wondering.........

Happy New Year Karl!! It appears that the voter's affirmation of your viewpoints is winning overwhelmingly. Now, if only your US political parties would work so cooperatively and win such support.

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:06 PM
marklankton
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Just wondering.........

Karl, your comments are always friendly and constructive. Please keep it up. (And keep the comments coming, too. )
Mark

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:08 PM
sevan pulurian
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Just wondering.........

Karl if people get offend and feel you're intrusive when you apply Constructive Criticism, then maybe they can't handle the truth. It is call "Constructive Criticism C&C" for a reason buddy. I have benefited from it and try to apply your advice or thought in the future. You are who you are from what you have done for me and all the others in the past so WHY CHANGE? That's my thought. If others are looking for a GREAT SHOT or PERFECT CAPTURE comment just to fit in then this really isn't the place for them. May another much Larger McDonald's style forum is a place to be for those that can't grasp the true meaning of C&C!

Just commenting Nice Shot, Great Capture, Spot on when there really is a good amount of room for improvement just make that photographer think he is good or great and will take longer to improve. I have seen plenty of photos on here where major improvement is needed, Even some of mine !

Keep it up Mr. Karl

Sevan

Happy New Years Guys.

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:12 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Just wondering.........

Keep going for me buddy, I find your critiques and advice very helpful
David

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:15 PM
burtcg
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Just wondering.........

Karl:
I am learning and find your posts very helpful. Thank you for your valuable contributions.

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Just wondering.........

Karl, your nits are what pushed me to be a better photographer my friend. This forum would NOT be the same without your input. Happy New Year brother!

Now go away..

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ed Robertson
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Just wondering.........

Conrad said it all how else will we all learn and get better I know I sure appreciate it. Ed

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:42 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Just wondering.........

I love you just the way you are Karl, don't change a thing. There isn't enough C&C on this board anymore, it's people like you that help to keep the quality level up. I have learned tons from you and so have others. Well I don't think Conrad has learned a single damn thing from you, that boy is one tough nut to teach

Tim

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:45 PM
acjd
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Just wondering.........

I would not expect anything less.

Without CC, what is the point? Just a love fest?

Stay true to urself

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:14 PM
KF
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Just wondering.........

Just don't go away and please do bother me.

So do comment on and mess with my photo's PLEASE.
I can only learn from your input.

Koen.

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:49 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Just wondering.........

You can see by the tally how people feel. I'm not sure the vote would be the same for everyone but your insight, and gentle nits are always delivered in such a way that makes me think of that one great mentor who could make you feel good about yourself while still prodding you to improve.
As I have said to a number of you guys, "I have enough little league participation trophies" so be honest and help me to be better.
There are sites where the commenters just tell you "your photo sucks"...and sometimes they are even less subtle ....but this place is different and much of that is due to you and your way of critiquing.
One nit( )...YOU gotta post more (see a gentle nudge )
Eric

Jan 01, 2013 at 07:02 PM
sevan pulurian
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Just wondering.........

Conrad Tan wrote:
Karl, your nits are what pushed me to be a better photographer my friend. This forum would NOT be the same without your input. Happy New Year brother!

Now go away..

Don't lie Conrad, your newer gear is what made you a better photography!

Jan 01, 2013 at 08:51 PM
sdgnh
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Just wondering.........

Karl, I always feel honored to read your comments, especially the nits, on my shots. You offer such great insight, and they are always delivered with care and interest. I love reading them on my shots and others. I recommend this forum to a lot of my friends who enjoy seeing great photography, and want to learn more. You and everyone else here are great coaches. So, please keep doing what you have been doing!!!!! We love it.
Happy New Year!
Nancy

Jan 01, 2013 at 09:02 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Just wondering.........

Larry Williams wrote:
You are always helpful and you express your C&C in a friendly and positive way. Keep up the good work.

Larry

+1

Jan 01, 2013 at 09:20 PM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Just wondering.........

Always appreciate your thoughtful and candid feedback Karl so I hope you continue to do so... although I do know it takes more time to so, it is always very thought provoking and helpful. I haven't been offering as much constructive criticism as I used to because of the time required to do so, but I want to change that for 2013. I agree with Tim that there isn't enough meaningful C&C anymore. Thanks for bringing this up, I'm hoping that others will be motivated to contribute more thoughtful C&C in 2013.

Kirk

Jan 01, 2013 at 09:35 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Just wondering.........

You have just the right tone with your crits Karl. The only people who could find fault with them are the ones just seeking affirmation of how great they are...

Keep it up ~ Ron

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:14 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password