Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Online ordering solutions

markd61
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Online ordering solutions

I would like to know what people are using to sell photos online.
I do not do a lot of online selling but for some event work it is required.

I have used ImageQuix and currently use Seemyprints.com

ImageQuix was tedious as it just sends you a list of images that you must pull and send to the lab. Lots of error possibilities in large orders.

Seemyprints is error free but the accounting is challenging as they send a net check and the reporting is thin and the calculation of sales tax is a bear. Bottom line: too much work in QuickBooks.

Ideally, I would like a system where I get a gross check from the lab and they charge my credit card for the prints, shipping and commission etc. That way I get a much simpler bookkeeping situation and an error free ordering process.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:34 AM
markd61
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Online ordering solutions

I guess that means the answer is all the solutions are clunky or time intensive. IOW add all that trouble to the small margins of online ordering.

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:03 PM
quadmama
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Online ordering solutions

There are several other sites for online ordering. Smugmug, MorePhotos, Zenfolio, Exposure Manager to name a few. However, I don't know of any that do not deduct your lab fees from commission check. You would have to check with each site to be sure, however.

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:54 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password