Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

jeffnesh

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with, comparisons of, or recommendations for tilt/shift lenses suitible for the A99? The rest of my alpha glass is Zeiss, so are there high quality options?

Thanks for any insight,
Jeff

Dec 31, 2012 at 04:10 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

There is the old Schneider 28mm shift lens, for which there is a Leica version. That one needs about f/8 to reach excellence. Then there are the new Schneiders, very expensive and huge. Other than that there might be some older Olympus or Nikkor lenses which are adaptable, but I am not sure which are good.

Dec 31, 2012 at 04:20 PM
mirkoc
• • •
p.1 #3 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

What kind of focal length are you looking for?

Dec 31, 2012 at 05:34 PM
RickPerry
• • •
p.1 #4 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1177129

Dec 31, 2012 at 06:59 PM
HelenB

p.1 #5 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

If you want to stick with Zeiss lenses, then there are the Hartblei conversions of Zeiss lenses. They are not cheap. www.hartblei.de/en/optics-by-carl-zeiss.htm

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jeffnesh

p.1 #6 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

Hoping either 80mm or 45...

mirkoc wrote:
What kind of focal length are you looking for?

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:26 PM
HelenB

p.1 #7 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

The Hartblei/Zeiss f/4 40 mm IF should be good given the lens it is based on, probably better than the 50 mm Schneider, but it is the most expensive of the bunch at over $7000. The Hartblei 80 mm is just over $3000. These are not to be confused with the cheaper lenses of the same name, but not with Zeiss components. The Hartbleis are available with Sony mounts.

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:38 PM
mMontag
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

The Mirex adapter can use Mamiya or Hasselblad medium format lenses. The adapter is very well made, brilliantly engineered, easy to use. I've been using it with the Hasselblad 60/3.5 & 80/2.8 that have fantastic IQ. I've heard nothing but good things about the Mamiya lenses. Add an extension tube for close-up / macro-ish work or look at the 120mm macro(s) available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tibGRQvhopo

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:46 PM
contas
• • •
p.1 #9 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

Use a T/S adapter is a smartest way.
Hasselblad 40mm f/4 with T/S adapter # 2,5 K.
Hasselblad 40mm f/4 IF with T/S adapter # 6 K.
Don't mess with "German" Hartblei.At least 3 companies own this name :
hartblei.com; hartblei.de;hartbleilens.com, they had an old relationship but now run bussinesses separatelly.

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:23 AM
mhespenheide
• •
p.1 #10 · Best Tilt/Shift for Sony A99

Jeff,

I'm using the Mirex adapter with a Sony a850. It shouldn't be any different on the a99. I already owned a set of Mamiya lenses, so I went with that option. I also use the ZA 24-70 f/2.8 zoom and find that the Mamiya lenses aren't quite at the same level, but they're not far off. The combination is class-leading cheap, though, if you don't mind the wait for the adapter to ship to you. I primarily use the 35mm, 55mm, and 80mm Mamiya lenses. All are good enough that focusing errors are more likely to be a problem than lens flaws. I own the Mamiya 45mm as well, but prefer the 35/55 options to carry instead.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:20 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password