Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Help with Camera Bag

oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with Camera Bag

I am in need of a large camera case capable of holding the following::
2 - Canon 5Dii cameras; Nikon 14-24; Zeiss 21mm; Zeiss 35mm; Zeiss 50mm; Canon 85.. Canon 70-200 4; 2 - 580 flashes; Canon 300 2.8; Multible cables, cords, filters, batteries, Etc..
Am I going to need to go with a Pelican type case, or is there other options. Thanks, Jim

Dec 31, 2012 at 03:34 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with Camera Bag

Most importantly, how is the bag to be used? Storage only, or transport? Do you need all the equipment to be "ready to go," or is this a primary/backup arrangement?

I have a large pelican that is my primary storage, and at least 5 different bags for various scenarios: a bag that just fits my body with 70-200 attached for basic sports assignments, two sling style bags for run and gun type situations depending on lens choices, a backpack just for my 300 2.8 with body attached, and another backpack that can carry multiple bodies and lenses, but not easily accessible on the go. I bought almost all of the bags used. If I had bought them new, I would only have half of them due to cost.

Hope that helps a little...

Paul

Dec 31, 2012 at 04:32 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with Camera Bag

Paulthelefty wrote:
Most importantly, how is the bag to be used? Storage only, or transport? Do you need all the equipment to be "ready to go," or is this a primary/backup arrangement?

I have a large pelican that is my primary storage, and at least 5 different bags for various scenarios: a bag that just fits my body with 70-200 attached for basic sports assignments, two sling style bags for run and gun type situations depending on lens choices, a backpack just for my 300 2.8 with body attached, and another backpack that can carry multiple bodies and lenses, but not easily
...Show more

Thanks Paul.. I am headed to Yellowstone for a couple weeks and need most of my gear. Why? Because my experience is that if I go for landscape, I get animals. I will be continuing to the Teton's, and RMNP. Thanks

Dec 31, 2012 at 02:45 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with Camera Bag

The Tamarac Pro 14 is their largest standard format working bag. It has a lost of good features for an over the shoulder bag. But very pricey unless you get a good used deal.

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:13 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password