Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · Greylag Goose IF
  
 
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Greylag Goose IF


1) I was checking out today an area where wigeons will come to stay for the winter.
Couldn't see any until I saw this image on the big screen. I'm really bad at birding.






2) I probably got confused because too many of those are around.






3) For once I was standing at the right spot to catch some Greylag Goose IF.






4) My first keeper of the day.






Happy New Year everyone!

Chris



Dec 30, 2012 at 08:36 PM
Jonathan Huynh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Greylag Goose IF


Picture # 4 is clear winner.


Dec 30, 2012 at 08:39 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Greylag Goose IF


Wonderful inflight shots Chris! Love them all .

Birdie



Dec 30, 2012 at 08:45 PM
jwestfall
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Greylag Goose IF


I've never seen those guys Chris - quite the nice looking geese. I do like the inflight shots but #4 is pretty good too - we're not getting much of that here in Colorado this week

- Jim



Dec 30, 2012 at 09:53 PM
KCollett
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Greylag Goose IF


Happy New Year Chris! Nice bird shots. You must hang out at a widgeon factory. Lots of them there. That last one is indeed a keeper. Very well exposed.


Dec 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM
eyelaser
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Greylag Goose IF


Super shots Chris. Love that last one even though not sure what species of wheedled critter you have in Holland.
So how does one decide if they live in Holland or The Netherlands? I'm not sure their is another discreet country with two different names in concurrent use.
Eric



Dec 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Greylag Goose IF


A nice set Chris. It's the last 2 for me ~ Ron


Dec 31, 2012 at 02:20 AM
David Leask
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Greylag Goose IF


Super shots Chris, well done. Last two are my favourites too
David



Dec 31, 2012 at 09:29 AM
kmunroe
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Greylag Goose IF


lovely set Chris.. #3 for me


Dec 31, 2012 at 10:07 AM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Greylag Goose IF


Jonathan Huynh wrote:
Picture # 4 is clear winner.


Thank you Jonathan.
Probably not smart to say this on the N&W forum.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:12 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Greylag Goose IF


birdied wrote:
Wonderful inflight shots Chris! Love them all .

Birdie


Thank you Birdie. Glad to hear you love them.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:13 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Greylag Goose IF


jwestfall wrote:
I've never seen those guys Chris - quite the nice looking geese. I do like the inflight shots but #4 is pretty good too - we're not getting much of that here in Colorado this week

- Jim


Thank you Jim. Lots of bad weather over here as well.
Looks like I will get wet at midnight.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:16 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Greylag Goose IF


KCollett wrote:
Happy New Year Chris! Nice bird shots. You must hang out at a widgeon factory. Lots of them there. That last one is indeed a keeper. Very well exposed.


Thank you Ken.
I will try to get back there in one of the upcoming weekends.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:18 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Greylag Goose IF


eyelaser wrote:
Super shots Chris. Love that last one even though not sure what species of wheedled critter you have in Holland.
So how does one decide if they live in Holland or The Netherlands? I'm not sure their is another discreet country with two different names in concurrent use.
Eric


Thank you Eric. I still have to look the first one up.
I think "The Netherlands" is more official then "Holland". Unless you live in a country where "Holland" is more common to use.
Funny thing is we use both names as well. "Holland" and "Nederland". Again, "Nederland" is more official as we have NL on our number plates.
However, at the end of the journey both names will get you home.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:36 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · Greylag Goose IF


surfnron wrote:
A nice set Chris. It's the last 2 for me ~ Ron


Thanks for the picks, Ron.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:38 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · Greylag Goose IF


David Leask wrote:
Super shots Chris, well done. Last two are my favourites too
David


Thank you David.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:38 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · Greylag Goose IF


kmunroe wrote:
lovely set Chris.. #3 for me


Thank you for the pick, Kenny.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:39 PM
eyelaser
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · Greylag Goose IF


CDaescher wrote:
Thank you Eric. I still have to look the first one up.
I think "The Netherlands" is more official then "Holland". Unless you live in a country where "Holland" is more common to use.
Funny thing is we use both names as well. "Holland" and "Nederland". Again, "Nederland" is more official as we have NL on our number plates.
However, at the end of the journey both names will get you home.
Chris


Thanks for clearing that up ...and oh you tell foreigners you are Dutch (ok YOU are/were Swiss but you know what I mean )...so make up your mind
Eric



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:44 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · Greylag Goose IF


eyelaser wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up ...and oh you tell foreigners you are Dutch (ok YOU are/were Swiss but you know what I mean )...so make up your mind
Eric


Eric, I left out the "Dutch" thing to keep it simple.
I live now more years in the Netherlands than I did in Switzerland. I'm feeling more Dutch than anything else.
Of course, during international soccer times friends will teas me what side I'm on.
Chris



Dec 31, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Ted ellis
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · Greylag Goose IF


CDaescher wrote:
1) I was checking out today an area where wigeons will come to stay for the winter.
Couldn't see any until I saw this image on the big screen. I'm really bad at birding.
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v79/p1356899122-5.jpg

2) I probably got confused because too many of those are around.
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v72/p1356899120-5.jpg

3) For once I was standing at the right spot to catch some Greylag Goose IF.
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v80/p1356899110-5.jpg

4) My first keeper of the day.
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v82/p1356899098-5.jpg

Happy New Year everyone!

Chris


Fantastic series Chris. The silhouette is a stunner



Dec 31, 2012 at 03:03 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password