Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · My wife at the beach

sparc_it

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · My wife at the beach

I am a bit irritated at myself for not getting all of her in frame, but of all the shots in the water, this one turned out the best (IMO).

Nikon D700 / Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8D
@70mm f/5

My Wife by izmatron, on Flickr

Dec 28, 2012 at 08:25 PM
jrs5fg
• •
p.1 #2 · My wife at the beach

The framing is good. Did you protect your camera?

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:25 AM
sparc_it

p.1 #3 · My wife at the beach

jrs5fg wrote:
The framing is good. Did you protect your camera?

No, it went out naked and I was as sure footed as I could be.

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:03 AM
liamh
• • • •
p.1 #4 · My wife at the beach

Nice colours. Not feeling the pose or the facial expression. Maybe try a little eye contact next time and get her to do something with her arms. Hanging them straight down is rarely a good idea. If it bends bend it, if it twists, twist it...

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:49 PM

friscoron
• • • •
p.1 #5 · My wife at the beach

Were you using an ND filter here? Looking at it, I get a sense you had to do some processing to tone down her shadows. Still, I really like what you did with it, the color tone looks a little bluish but it works for me here.

Was she really into your photographing her, or a bit embarrassed by it? Overall, I like this look, I would have liked more down below in terms of composition and you have a gorgeous wife. If she liked doing this, we really need to see more.

Dec 29, 2012 at 05:05 PM
sparc_it

p.1 #6 · My wife at the beach

Thanks everyone. @frisco and @liam she wasn't very comfortable and was a bit embarassed since everyone on the beach at the hotel was watching us.

@frisco, I did find a better one that I got a bit more creative with the processing.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1177584

Dec 29, 2012 at 06:30 PM
friscoron
• • • •
p.1 #7 · My wife at the beach

Yeah, I saw that one. Definitely a creatively interesting pp job on that one. You've got yourself a lovely muse. Next time, go find a more private beach where she can be more comfortable and then get some really great shots that she can be happy with. Not that she may not like these, but just knowing she was uncomfortable in the moment with others watching you guys. I'd love to see what you can get with her if she's comfortable. You're definitely off to a good start.

Dec 30, 2012 at 05:16 AM
Dudewithoutape
• • •
p.1 #8 · My wife at the beach

I'm curious. Where was this? Excuse my lack of traveling.

Dec 30, 2012 at 05:31 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password