Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Poster input wanted.

Matt OHarver
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Poster input wanted.

Hey guys, as a gift to some of my customers for Christmas I gave away Mini sessions and 12x18 posters to 8 lucky winners. Here are the first three that I did. All images were shot in my studio just for this purpose. I am in the process of buying some Actual posters from Chris here on the forums to actually sell. But I'd like some feedback on how I did on these. I realize these aren't super flashy like some that are done here. But the customers have loved them. Thanks.

I've got my big boy pants on.

amber by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Pinkley by MattOphotog, on Flickr

allison13x19 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Dec 28, 2012 at 04:59 PM
James Broome
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Poster input wanted.

The floating images bother me. They aren't grounded to anything and are distracting.

Secondly, the main image - the focus of the poster - is a low opacity image. That's distracting as well.

With regard to fonts, try to stick with 2. More than that, yep, distracting.

Overall, just too much going on. Distractions everywhere for me. But as many will certainly state (and I will as well), if the parents love them, then you've accomplished your goal.

Dec 28, 2012 at 05:16 PM
mdalby
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Poster input wanted.

Matt, There are some good shots in these posters. But, I don't think you need that many images to make the poster effective. I love the shot of Allison in the front left. That would be the primary shot for me not the pose with her back covering the majority of the poster.

I agree with James... Too much going on in these posters.

Dec 28, 2012 at 06:38 PM
cmpdesignz2010
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Poster input wanted.

Matt -

You need to add a frame of some kind. The pictures are just "floating" and that doesn't really work.

Here are some example from Trends International. Multi image posters are very difficult, but maybe these will give you some ideas.

CP

Dec 29, 2012 at 07:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Poster input wanted.

Thanks for the input guys. I really do appreciate it. I knew going in it was going to be brutal, as I'm in no way a poster designer.

BTW Chris I have 8 of 10 picked out and just got paid for the job that is paying for poster templates from you. As soon as I get the other two on the list I'll send you the payment.

Matt

Dec 29, 2012 at 03:17 PM
ALEX88MAC

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Poster input wanted.

way too much going on and the font choice is questionable

Dec 31, 2012 at 01:47 AM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Poster input wanted.

You mentioned you have a studio - I was just at our local movie theater and thought they had gone all digital with the movie posters. Then when I walked closer I noticed the posters were actually on a display with a light behind the poster. It really made the posters pop with vibrate colors.

Just tossing out an idea of how you might want to display these for future customers to see.

Jan 07, 2013 at 02:25 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password