Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sports Poster

aztwang1
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sports Poster

This is my first deliverable poster. My friend and fellow photog Max helped me big time with his PS skills as mine need help. My clients were very pleased but I still would invite comments as I'm always wanting to sharpen my skills. Thanks!

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #2 · Sports Poster

Nice design. I really like it. I would like to see the font a little larger for Scorpions.

Dec 26, 2012 at 02:09 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Sports Poster

I'm not crazy about the overall arrangement of cutouts. First issue...The head is floating in space. I always like to hide the bottom half, or in this case, lack thereof, behind another cutout. Second... whenever possible, you'd like a running player to be running and facing towards the middle of the poster, not an edge. Finally, the poster is off balance. I would play around with the arrangment a bit to see if you can solve all problems at once with a different arrangement.

Graphics, fonts, and color theme are all good.

Dec 26, 2012 at 06:09 PM
aztwang1
• •
p.1 #4 · Sports Poster

P Alesse wrote:
I'm not crazy about the overall arrangement of cutouts. First issue...The head is floating in space. I always like to hide the bottom half, or in this case, lack thereof, behind another cutout. Second... whenever possible, you'd like a running player to be running and facing towards the middle of the poster, not an edge. Finally, the poster is off balance. I would play around with the arrangment a bit to see if you can solve all problems at once with a different arrangement.

Graphics, fonts, and color theme are all good.

Appreciate the comments. I have enjoyed looking at your posters and the tutorial. Happy New Year!

Dec 26, 2012 at 06:48 PM
6GP2008

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Sports Poster

- Not sure what's going on with the background.

- The poster seems a bit overcrowded.

- I would have gone with either no headshot or a different one.

- Not sure what you had as far as picture selection but I would have gone with a different main cutout...maybe you could have used the smaller action pic as the main pic.

Just my opinion though...

Dec 26, 2012 at 08:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

1adam-12

p.1 #6 · Sports Poster

aztwang1 wrote:
Appreciate the comments. I have enjoyed looking at your posters and the tutorial. Happy New Year!

where can i find the tutorial you refer to

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM
a2rob
• • •
p.1 #7 · Sports Poster

Very nice, I am sure your client will be pleased!!

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM
aztwang1
• •
p.1 #8 · Sports Poster

1adam-12 wrote:
where can i find the tutorial you refer to

Here it is. Its a great tutorial. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/844352

The center cut out was used to hi-lite his position of quarterback. This was the best throwing image I had, Regarding the running image I agree that it would have been better placed running towards the center. I opted to keep it's current position as the jersey text would have been mirrored. The head image was used as I knew mom wanted to see his face and this helmet off image worked, however both Max and myself thought it's final placement and fade could have been better but wasn't sure where to go from there. The background was some rusty concrete that we blended into the black to grunge it up a bit. In looking at the poster now, maybe raise up the center image, move the running image o the right and move the headshot where the runner currently is but flip it and then keep the text and Scorpion logo the same.

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM
ALEX88MAC

p.1 #9 · Sports Poster

i have to agree with pretty much everything GP had to say. very cluttered and the headshot seems out of place. I like to make my posters as clean as possible but keeping all of the important information

Dec 31, 2012 at 01:52 AM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #10 · Sports Poster

Holy tomoly! If you haven't checked out that link for the poster tutorial! WOW.

You have to skip through a little to get to the tutorial but once it starts my jaw dropped. I can't wait to get started on it!

Jan 07, 2013 at 02:16 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password