Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · MT 24 EX setup

birdfreak12
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · MT 24 EX setup

I,(Santa), treated myself to the MT 24EX and the guy included an adapter or my MPE-65. Can someone point me to an adapter fr the 100L, and Sigma 150? I found the Stofen diffusers and I'm searching for another to help soften the ligh. I'm vey excited to get started in using ths new setup. Happy shooting to everyone in the coming year.

Dec 25, 2012 at 07:24 PM
MarkB1
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · MT 24 EX setup

Have a look in the sticky above - Post Your Setup - for leads.

Dec 26, 2012 at 08:29 AM
denis55
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · MT 24 EX setup

congrats on the new toy!
cant remember where i got my adapter for my 100,but i dont use it.
try gary fong puffers on top of the stofens,and maybe a plastic cup diffuser attached to the lens with velcro.that,s what i,m using and it seems to be working pretty good.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
DQE1.0
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · MT 24 EX setup

bhphotovideo.com sells the adapters for various size lenses.

Here is one example. Search for the keywords Canon Macrolite Adapter.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=canon+macrolite+adapter&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

The 58mm filter size fits many lenses but you'll have to check your own lenses to determine their specific filter sizes. You'll need a different adapter for each lens with a unique filter thread size.

FYI - I own an MT-24 flash rig, too. I'm sure you'll enjoy its convenience and flexibility. As with any macro flash unit, you'll need to develop effective add-on diffusers. Orionmystery and others have especially effective diffusion systems.

I hope this info is helpful.

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:57 AM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password