Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

mserrano
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

Hi all,

Short PJ'ish session with a couple and their 1 month old. C&C appreciated,

Thanks!

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

21)

22)

Dec 24, 2012 at 08:34 PM
ChiShutter
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

I think it's a very nice set. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 24, 2012 at 08:42 PM
VilleK
• •
p.1 #3 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

Good stuff! I only wish you had used smaller apertures in 3, 8, 9, 14, 16, 19 and 20. I think those have some key elements out of focus.

Thanks for posting. It's always nice to see such happy photos

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

Hi,

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Quick Comments:

I don't like the darkness (whether exposure or your choice of Post Processing effects) shown in many of these images. The entire set gave me the impression of "darkness."

Also, don't care for the choice of POV and framing of the images such as the "part of dad's head" or "Top of Parent's Head" POV shown in several photos. I would rather see more in focus and more of parent in frame.

And, several pics seem to have dog in them on purpose, but in at least one the dog is out of focus, yet it is the natural focal point of the image.

I hope these comments help you.

Happy Holidays!

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Jason Lang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

I liked the set. Not everyone cares for the ultra-bright family sets -- to me this set is quite natural looking. You've captured some nice moments.

Dec 25, 2012 at 01:07 AM
Vince Muehe

p.1 #6 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

I like the POV, with parents heads in the way. Makes it feel I'm part of the photo... right there looking over the shoulder.

I also agree with Jason that the images seem natural. I think most people keep newborns in lower lighting, so maybe the images should look like lower light too -- especially with this style of photography.

The only "nit" I'll agree with of Steady's is the dog. The dog's rear end is just about in focus, but his head is not. It's a bit of a distraction.

Overall a great set of photos.

Dec 25, 2012 at 02:52 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

Nice set Miguel, the look on the dog's face in 20 is priceless!
Douglas

Dec 25, 2012 at 03:22 PM
mserrano
• •
p.1 #8 · Family Photo Session (C&C)

Thanks for taking the time to comment/critique everyone!

Appreciated.

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password