Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The wait

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The wait

Hi all,

Well, off-season so I have been reorganaizing a few things, trying to come up with new ideas ... you all know, the
thing is that I ordered a sample album in which I have put a lot of hope.

Well due to xmas rush and lab "overbooking" the delivery time is taking longer so the wait is killing me

Do you guys get excited, anxious ... longing for the toy to arrive or is it just an order as when you order
more paper for the printer (if you know what I mean).

Jaime

Dec 23, 2012 at 04:34 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The wait

I forgot:

MERRY X-MAS

Dec 23, 2012 at 04:35 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The wait

jmraso wrote:
Do you guys get excited, anxious ... longing for the toy to arrive or is it just an order as when you order more paper for the printer

Mostly everything in this business is just a "tool" to me. I'm usually too busy to do any "longing" for something to arrrive.

Even when I order new gear - camera, lens - the item often sits around the studio for two or three days before I get around to unboxing it.

Dec 23, 2012 at 03:48 PM
adimage
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The wait

Kinda the same for me. The last thing I bought was the 5d3. I took it out of the box in the evening of the day I got it just to check that it works and has no obvious flaw. I only had time to play a bit more after about 2-3 days. I actually look at it as yet another tool for the job. Damn, the passion is gone ).

I would clearly not be biting my fingers waiting for an album to arrive . Well, I have a full time job as software developer, the wedding photography business and two kids + wife to spend time with, so I'm generally too busy to say I am "waiting" for something.

Dec 23, 2012 at 05:48 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The wait

Well,

I certainly wasnt talking about gear, which has been mentioned twice, but an album which is quite a different thing I produce the images, I produce the design, I choose the materials etc etc so it is a kind of piece of an art, my art, thats why I cant wait to see it.

Jaime

Dec 23, 2012 at 06:26 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The wait

I actually agree with Diggler on this one... even when it's print product. If you know the vendor's work, and you know your design, then there should be no surprises.

Dec 23, 2012 at 06:35 PM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
[X]
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The wait

I dunno guys, if I'd stopped enjoying "the wait" I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for a 9-5 again, if you're not getting the buzz from photography being your passion anymore, there's way easier jobs for way more money.

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The wait

Well, I think we all want to see our work. I just think there are those of us that aren't exactly like giddy little school girls waiting in anticipation. I'm usually too busy to worry about it. I view it as a nice surprise when something shows up on the doorstep.

Dec 24, 2012 at 01:17 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The wait

adimage wrote:
I'm generally too busy to say I am "waiting" for something.

+1

I think "waiting" is for people who have free time.

Dec 24, 2012 at 03:44 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The wait

amonline wrote:
like giddy little school girls

Thanks amonline

damn, I hope Santa Claus comes today with my sample album

Wait !!! the doorbell is ringing,

M-xmas to all of you, bye

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:21 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The wait

I didn't actually mean that AT you. It was just a response to the previous assumption. lol

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:38 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.