Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

Bred
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

Hey FMers,

I have been barely shooting in the last 8-9months. But with the warm weather in Aus, I have finally found the bug again.

In my lay-off, I somehow managed to crush my half decent homemade diffuser. Being lazy and not quite into it, I was just using a cheap plastic diffuser and some tissues, ok, but not good.

See pic result (fairly heavy crop):

Very cutle little dude, but light is a bit harsh.

Was thinking of ways to get effective diffusion that wouldn't result in a large, lumpy and crushable object in my camera bag. Stumbled upon a flexible and mouldable reflector.
See new set-up (note the head torch I wrapped around the flash. This makes viewing the subject in low light MUCH easier)

Only played with it a few times so far. Seems like it might be ok, but not near as good as some of your softbox style home jobbies. Will fiddle and see if I can improve.

anyway, some results.
Firstly, a shot of the hinge area of my leatherman multi-tool.

Jumper.

Any thoughts/suggestions on improvement would be greatly appreciated, also, my pics are always up for critique of any sort.
Thanks guys,

Tim.

Dec 23, 2012 at 08:37 AM
Bred
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

No one has any thoughts they want to share?

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM
michael kilner
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

nicely done,esp like the last shot,looks like your diffuser is working fine

Dec 27, 2012 at 02:55 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

Wow, I'm impressed that you were able to find a rare breed of something made in the USA. Looks like you'll get back in the groove pretty quickly, welcome back!
Douglas

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bladesofgrass
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

welcome back and well done. Look forward to more shots from you in the new year.

Best wishes,
Paul

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:16 PM
denis55
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

well done.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Bred
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rusty, but jumpers are awesome.

michael kilner wrote:
nicely done,esp like the last shot,looks like your diffuser is working fine

Thanks Michael, the last is my fav too. I need to get out there and find something shiny like a ladybird to test it properly.

douter wrote:
Wow, I'm impressed that you were able to find a rare breed of something made in the USA. Looks like you'll get back in the groove pretty quickly, welcome back!
Douglas

Cheers Douglas, it is even harder to find something made in Australia. Seems to be cheaper to mine the ore here, ship it to china, then ship the product back

bladesofgrass wrote:
welcome back and well done. Look forward to more shots from you in the new year.

Best wishes,
Paul

Thanks Paul, I am moving house in a week. Will be tricky to find the time to shoot for a while.

denis55 wrote:
well done.

Thanks denis

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password