Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

jasharkowalski

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

two weeks in Japan, wandering around places and faces with 24-70 (mostly) and 10-17 mm fish (sometimes)....to be continued...

Dec 20, 2012 at 01:14 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

Thanks for the tour- very enjoyable.
Only a couple of westerners (two tall blonde women) in your pics, and very few signs in English; you must have been somewhat off the "tourist Trail" (although there IS one sign saying Ginza).
I've been to Japan several times, but the last time was more than 20 years ago. A couple of things I noticed that are different: I never saw rickshaws OR bicycles in a downtown area. Hmmm, interesting.
I hope you post more, and I hope I find them.
Oh, it would help if I knew the cities or other locations (I'm funny that way ); Japan is quite a big place.
Again- thanks for posting.
Charlie

Dec 20, 2012 at 02:33 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

I enjoy seeing these images.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:50 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.1 #4 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

Very nice !!

Been a lifetime since I've been there myself - Camp Zama for a couple of weeks as a lab tech ... standing, riding the local train - getting hit in the head by those hand holds from the ceiling - the closeness of the front door of a business to the street as you show.

The size of the vehicles always amazed me .. TONKA TOYS .. gas stations with no pumps, you pulled in and they pulled a hose from the canopy ceiling and filled you up, then the attendant went out into the traffic to halt it so you could exit !! I went into shoe stores that the owners car was parked in the store and used as a shoe rack during operational hours because there was no room to park .. his front door was built into the garage door that allowed him in.

Once while near the Big Budda we saw a billfold laying on the top of a barrel outside a shop .. we watched it for an hour .. NO ONE TOOK IT and I mean there were A LOT OF PEOPLE in the area !!

I'd really like to go back someday ! An amazing place to visit !

Dec 24, 2012 at 02:34 PM
jasharkowalski

p.1 #5 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

yes, you said it exactly how it is....the architecture is amazing but people are even better, never met more polite and better mannered people....nobody wants to take tip by the way ...Japan is another planet and i cannot wait to visit again....

Dec 24, 2012 at 02:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ingerson

p.1 #6 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

jasharkowalski wrote:
yes, you said it exactly how it is....the architecture is amazing but people are even better, never met more polite and better mannered people....nobody wants to take tip by the way ...Japan is another planet and i cannot wait to visit again....

I'm currently living in Japan. I couldn't agree more about the people. I hope you make it back here. Outstanding images.

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM
jasharkowalski

p.1 #7 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

welcome to Kyoto

to be continued....

Dec 26, 2012 at 03:30 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #8 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

Nice work but I really think you could have worked with the depth of field in the first picture. Love all of the rest

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Caldiar

p.1 #9 · from Tokyo to Kyoto

Very nice captures. My favourites are the night shots from your first post and pretty much all of the second post. But some of the editing is not my taste. A few pictures look like HDRs to me (highlight recovery?). For example the sky is very dark in the 5th picture. I think the highlight/shadow adjustments can destroy the relationship between tones. The 9th picture looks similar to the 5th in that regard. I much prefer 11, 12 and also 6, 9 of your second post. It's not so bad to "lose" some information in the highlights or shadows.

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:50 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password