Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

Well, you never know the nature of the beast

Feb 03, 2013 at 11:37 AM
eephoto
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

koprivakopriva wrote:
Wasn't a wedding, but I was a guest at a graduation and had my camera with me. I sat down to eat, set my camera on the table in front of me, turned my back to the table for a split second to talk to someone, turned around and it was gone. Sony a700 and 50mm f1.4.

Turns out that the venue had hired a photographer of their own for the occasion, and the manager had assumed that I had stolen my camera from the photographer. When I turned my back, the manager snuck in and yanked it. When he brought
...Show more

Huh Wth How weird and idiotic is that..."hey look, he pulled up in a pick up truck, mt friend owns a pick up truck! I bet he stole it from my friend! 911!".

Paranoid much!?? He's lucky you didn't press charges on him for stealing your equipment!

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:57 AM
koprivakopriva
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

Betacamman wrote:
I had a little boy take a 580EX from my bag at the reception and chase girls around using the test flash button. His mother was not amused.

I find myself doing that to girls all the time with mine! That kid and I would get along haha

eephoto wrote:
Huh Wth How weird and idiotic is that..."hey look, he pulled up in a pick up truck, mt friend owns a pick up truck! I bet he stole it from my friend! 911!".

Paranoid much!?? He's lucky you didn't press charges on him for stealing your equipment!

Yeah it was a very strange situation. I got home and looked through the camera to find photos of the guy's newborn child. Strange times. I actually emailed him one of the pictures that turned out well. More than anything, I was just glad to have the thing back.

I wasn't very happy about the thing being stolen and I never really did understand the logic, but if he sought me out to return the camera, I can assume he had good intentions.

Feb 06, 2013 at 04:01 PM
jbrandt378
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

DannyBostwick wrote:
Dude this year alone I've had 3 580exii's grabbed, 2 600ex's, a Canon 15mm fisheye and a 100L IS grabbed. People working these higher end venues see these "rich" folks with these "extravagant" weddings and they just think, whatever, they can afford it.

It might be time to rethink how you store your gear at a shoot...just saying. Seriously, that really sucks. All insured though right?

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:00 AM
Sam Hassas
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

I have. Twice.

Once about 3 years ago and about 10K in gear. Then again just this past weekend in Hawaii to the tune of simliar. Insurance for the win. Thieves fro the loss.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

Sam Hassas wrote:
I have. Twice.

Once about 3 years ago and about 10K in gear. Then again just this past weekend in Hawaii to the tune of simliar. Insurance for the win. Thieves fro the loss.

Which gear did they get this time?

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:59 PM
Sam Hassas
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

Spare body, 3 lenses, 4 flashes, radio poppers, GPS, The bag itself, (think Tank National Security). Bunch of other shit. This was in Hawaii. Shortly after my bag was stolen, I received a ransom phone call asking for 30 cases of Spam in exchange for my gear.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:24 PM
awad
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

spam loco moco > camera gear

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:55 PM
abadass
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

Sam Hassas wrote:
Spare body, 3 lenses, 4 flashes, radio poppers, GPS, The bag itself, (think Tank National Security). Bunch of other shit. This was in Hawaii. Shortly after my bag was stolen, I received a ransom phone call asking for 30 cases of Spam in exchange for my gear.

dude must really love spam! were you able to get your things back?

Feb 07, 2013 at 09:01 PM
abadass
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Ever have your gear stolen at a wedding?

awad wrote:
spam loco moco > camera gear

mmmmm loco moco sounds good right now.

Feb 07, 2013 at 09:01 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password