Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Unintentional Painterly ....
  
 
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Unintentional Painterly ....


Playing with sizable crop, NR, etc. resulting in this image. I sort of like the effect - other's thoughts?

Regards,

Bob




  NIKON D7000    50.0 mm f/1.4 lens    50mm    f/3.5    1/200s    2500 ISO    0.0 EV  




Dec 18, 2012 at 01:15 AM
Camperjim
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Unintentional Painterly ....


Bob Jarman wrote:
Playing with sizable crop, NR, etc. resulting in this image. I sort of like the effect - other's thoughts?

Regards,

Bob

Well, if you want more painterly, there are ways....








Dec 18, 2012 at 01:45 AM
ben egbert
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Unintentional Painterly ....


What dose painterly refer to in an image?


Dec 18, 2012 at 01:49 AM
Oregon Gal
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Unintentional Painterly ....


The image appears lifeless and overly dark to me. I applied a skin smoothing filter in Topaz Detail 3, boosted the vibrance, warmed the temp slightly and lightened the shadows. I used a layer mask to remove most of the smoothing from the birds. One of many ways to process the image, may not suit your vision.







Dec 18, 2012 at 03:54 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Unintentional Painterly ....


Camperjim wrote:
Well, if you want more painterly, there are ways....



CamperJim,

Not really, just curious about others' thoughts, the contrasts appeal to me juxtaposed to a faux watercolor filter. Normally watercolor, pastels, etc. and HDR are things I avoid and find not very appealing.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Bob



Dec 18, 2012 at 01:16 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Unintentional Painterly ....


ben egbert wrote:
What dose painterly refer to in an image?


From answers.com
Of, relating to, or characteristic of a painter; artistic.
1. Having qualities unique to the art of painting.
2. Of, relating to, or being a style of painting marked by openness of form, with shapes distinguished by variations of color rather than by outline or contour.


In this case, #2 applies in a broad sense.

Bob



Dec 18, 2012 at 01:22 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Unintentional Painterly ....


Oregon Gal wrote:
The image appears lifeless and overly dark to me. I applied a skin smoothing filter in Topaz Detail 3, boosted the vibrance, warmed the temp slightly and lightened the shadows. I used a layer mask to remove most of the smoothing from the birds. One of many ways to process the image, may not suit your vision.


Thanks Barbara,

Certainly yours is a more complete rendition than the original. Somehow my processing tendencies more often than not seem to land on a side darker than most prefer

Thanks again for your time and the re-work,

regards,

Bob



Dec 18, 2012 at 01:29 PM
ben egbert
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Unintentional Painterly ....


Bob Jarman wrote:
From answers.com

In this case, #2 applies in a broad sense.

Bob


Thanks, people have said my stuff is painterly on occasion, never knew what it meant. I have never done it on purpose and would not really know how to do it.



Dec 18, 2012 at 03:46 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Unintentional Painterly ....


ben egbert wrote:
Thanks, people have said my stuff is painterly on occasion, never knew what it meant. I have never done it on purpose and would not really know how to do it.


In this case it was collateral damage from post-processing

Bob



Dec 18, 2012 at 05:05 PM





FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password