Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Big prints

BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Big prints

So I've just got a new toy (Nikon D800) and I'm going to recreate some of my best photos I've taken locally. I want to print them (not sure how big yet, 30, maybe 40"). My question is do you print online? If so where? Or does anybody in the South Florida area know a local place that will do it? I know Walgreens does poster sized stuff, but I doubt they do quality prints.

Dec 17, 2012 at 05:31 PM
pacman642
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big prints

For large quality prints I use West Coast Imaging/Aspen Creek (landscape), they're a little pricey on somethings but Aspen Creek runs specials all the time, customer service is second to none. The guys up there take care of their clients. I printed a 24x36(shot with a D800) Lifestyle portrait through WHCC and it was awesome, could stand nose to print and it was simply amazing. I've had metal prints up to 24x36 done through Bayphoto and have been happy with the quality and service.

Dec 18, 2012 at 01:40 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big prints

pacman642 wrote:
For large quality prints I use West Coast Imaging/Aspen Creek (landscape), they're a little pricey on somethings but Aspen Creek runs specials all the time, customer service is second to none. The guys up there take care of their clients. I printed a 24x36(shot with a D800) Lifestyle portrait through WHCC and it was awesome, could stand nose to print and it was simply amazing. I've had metal prints up to 24x36 done through Bayphoto and have been happy with the quality and service.

I'll have to look into them, thanks

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:01 AM
Ektar25
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Big prints

Someone posted this link in another forum recently....

http://www.elcocolor.net/index.php/Photographic-Prints.html

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:07 AM
GCasey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Big prints

White House Custom Color is used by several quality-conscious members of our camera club.

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:20 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Big prints

I have another question as to printing. Obviously the color on my calibrated monitor looks good. Are there any services that will send you a color sheet or something of the sort to match their color profiles?

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Big prints

Yes. I believe WHCC requires it.

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:15 PM
ripkoken
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Big prints

EColor is the place to go. They do a great job of large prints and use real Fuji paper as well as injet and their price is right.

Dec 22, 2012 at 05:00 PM
pacman642
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Big prints

WHCC actually gives you a few 8x10 samples of your images to a compare against your monitor when you create an account.

Dec 22, 2012 at 06:24 PM
bobmcg

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Big prints

Ben,

I've used WHCC and they are very good. However, I would also give a nod to Costco. I've done a 30x40 print but a 48 inch canvas. I was pretty impressed with the quality and price. WHCC has more of a selection of material on which to print. Good luck.

Dec 23, 2012 at 04:25 AM
beavens
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Big prints

bobmcg wrote:
Ben,

I've used WHCC and they are very good. However, I would also give a nod to Costco. I've done a 30x40 print but a 48 inch canvas. I was pretty impressed with the quality and price. WHCC has more of a selection of material on which to print. Good luck.

I've used Costco a handful of times for various canvas prints (12x16 up to 26x32) and have been pleased with the results. But I'm definitely not exactly an experienced judge of the quality compared to most around here.

Jan 02, 2013 at 07:13 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password