Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource
  

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Dew Tour
  
 
sklar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dew Tour


I shot the freeskiing events at the Dew Tour in Breckenridge this weekend, here are some of my favorite shots

Halfpipe:

1)


2)


3)


4)


5)



Big Air:

6)


7)


8)


9)


Slopestyle:

10)


11)


12)



Thanks for taking a look!



Dec 17, 2012 at 03:06 AM
Geo31
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dew Tour


Honestly, 1-4 are throw-aways IMHO. However, at 5 they start getting interesting. Number 9 is well and truly outstanding IMHO. That is Neil Leifer, John Zimmerman quality. Truly outstanding. The rest are good and interesting, but 9... WOW!!!

Number 8 is an "almost" IMHO. If you had the face, I'd say winner.

Not trying to be harsh, just honest. Oh, and did I mention #9 is truly outstanding?



Dec 17, 2012 at 04:24 AM
gschlact
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dew Tour


Skylarks,
Nice set. It looks like you had a beautiful day. I like 4,6 and 9 (btw, what is the easiest way to creat process 9 if not on tripod?)

For twelve, I wouldn't mind seeing the highlights / exposure boosted.

I bagged on my trip next week, but will be out for MLK. Is the snow as bad as they say?

Guy



Dec 17, 2012 at 04:29 AM
sklar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dew Tour


gschlact wrote:
Skylarks,
Nice set. It looks like you had a beautiful day. I like 4,6 and 9 (btw, what is the easiest way to creat process 9 if not on tripod?)

For twelve, I wouldn't mind seeing the highlights / exposure boosted.

I bagged on my trip next week, but will be out for MLK. Is the snow as bad as they say?

Guy


It's pretty bad here, I just got back home to CO from WA where it is DUMPING, quite disappointing.
it finally started to snow here, but that lead to not very good shooting today and yesterday

9 wasn't too hard to process, took a little bit of time though. No tripod, I lined up using the light tower in the BG for reference.

12 is on my list to revisit in LR, I had to get a pretty quick turnaround time so they could go up here asap: https://www.newschoolers.com/news



Dec 17, 2012 at 05:37 AM
CW100
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dew Tour


like #9 !



Dec 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM
sklar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dew Tour


Geo31 wrote:
Honestly, 1-4 are throw-aways IMHO. However, at 5 they start getting interesting. Number 9 is well and truly outstanding IMHO. That is Neil Leifer, John Zimmerman quality. Truly outstanding. The rest are good and interesting, but 9... WOW!!!

Number 8 is an "almost" IMHO. If you had the face, I'd say winner.

Not trying to be harsh, just honest. Oh, and did I mention #9 is truly outstanding?


Haha, thank you for being honest.
Pipe skiing is pretty tough to shoot, especially during a competition, when access is limited.
Thanks for the comments on 9, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, too
as for 8, I like how the face is just peeking out there



Dec 17, 2012 at 04:20 PM
tmalone893
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dew Tour


This is one crazy sport, second only to bull riding. #5,#6, and #9 are great.


Dec 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ElanKawesch
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dew Tour


I watched this on TV and the whole time I was thinking how awesome a shot like #9 would be- I think you nailed it. I also really like 2, 6, and 7.


Dec 18, 2012 at 03:02 AM
sklar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dew Tour


thanks guys!


Dec 18, 2012 at 03:28 AM
markedman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dew Tour


These are great shots!!
Is there any compensation potential from the sponsers?



Dec 19, 2012 at 03:09 PM
sklar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dew Tour


markedman wrote:
These are great shots!!
Is there any compensation potential from the sponsers?


unfortunately not without the consent of the Dew Tour.
It's tough with athletes of this caliber, too, as they get payed to do film and photoshoots for their sponsors



Dec 19, 2012 at 05:14 PM
markedman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Dew Tour


You may have already done this. But I would pass along some of your shots to the Dew Tour PR department. Make them aware that you are around. There is always need for great shots to promote the event.Could be a perk or two down the road. Nothing to loose by asking. They might show interest once they see what you have done. Sometimes free work leads to paid work.


Dec 20, 2012 at 04:05 AM
sklar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Dew Tour


markedman wrote:
You may have already done this. But I would pass along some of your shots to the Dew Tour PR department. Make them aware that you are around. There is always need for great shots to promote the event.Could be a perk or two down the road. Nothing to loose by asking. They might show interest once they see what you have done. Sometimes free work leads to paid work.


Thanks for the advice,

I shot the event for (unpaid) newschoolers.com, a big freesking website. My photos ran alongside the photos and words of the Dew Tour folks (Alli Sports)
http://www.newschoolers.com/readnews/42417/Dew-Tour-Men-s-Ski-Halfpipe-Finals?c=latest&o=2
I worked with the guys at Alli, as they ran the event, and will definitely be keeping in touch!




Dec 20, 2012 at 04:34 AM
markedman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Dew Tour


Nice. You should be paid for this level of work.
There has to be a budget somewhere.
I would find the head guy. Make a few 8x10 prints and give them to him personally along with your contact info. Ask for his card to keep in touch.This should definately make an impression. Plus it will stand out from the other photographers.



Dec 20, 2012 at 04:45 AM





FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password