Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · End of February Trip

adamrensch

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · End of February Trip

Hey everyone, long time follower but a first time poster.

My friend and I are planning a little photography trip for the end of February/beginning of March. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions as far as the location is concerned? We are both located in the midwest, so our options may be a little limited.

Thanks and look forward to participating in the forums!

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · End of February Trip

Your post is about as vague as it gets. You might want to further clarify.

Dec 17, 2012 at 01:43 AM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · End of February Trip

It sounds like they are asking for trip advice on where to go. The "midwest" is a big place adamrensch. I'd say go to Yellowstone.

Dec 17, 2012 at 01:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

adamrensch

p.1 #4 · End of February Trip

I realize that I was a little vague. I am from Nebraska and my friend currently lives in Kansas City, so we are smack dab in the middle. We are looking for potential locations for some landscape photography. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Although we would love to go to the west coast, we'll be driving so if anyone had any good experiences somewhere in the midwest I'd love to hear about it.

Dec 17, 2012 at 03:48 AM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #5 · End of February Trip

Iowa here. End of Feb, early Mar? Get out of the Midwest.

Consider the Nat'l parks in the southwest. Starting at Mesa Verde, then Monument Valley, Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands. Even in Feb/Mar the landscapes there are great.

Dec 17, 2012 at 04:14 AM
johnsarra
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · End of February Trip

+1
But be ready for cold and snow. for instance 4WD is often necessary in Utah during snow storms. Often March has clear weather in the Southwest, but it can turn colder and snow at any time throughout March and early April as most of the mentioned locations, especially Bryce, are at a high elevation.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password