Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

andypep
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Here are a few photos from the Michigan v Western Michigan tilt. Pretty good game.

Shot the entire game with my 5D3 and 70-200 2.8 - all shots are through the glass.

Please leave comments and CC if you would like.

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:20 AM
andypep
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Here are a few more.

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:52 AM
CW100
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

looks like the glass was relatively clean

Dec 15, 2012 at 09:12 PM
kmad

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

2 is my favorite. Looking forward to see my MTU Huskies take on the Wolverines at the GLI in a few weeks!

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
amlsml
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

5 and 2 for me, hate shooting thru glass!

Dec 16, 2012 at 01:40 PM
Myra J

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

#9 grabs my interest as it's so different from my hockey shooting reality All are fine photos!

Dec 17, 2012 at 02:59 AM
andypep
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Thanks for the comments.
- glass was super clean. I keep a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with me in a small waist bag and clean if necessary before the game and in between periods. There is really only one place to stand @ Yost - and it is by the Zamboni doors. You can sit along the glass, but you have to bring a bucket or kneel, and I was not prepared for either. Lighting was amazing - I shot @ ISO 3200, 1/800th f/4 for most of the game (give or take a few shots). There was consistent color - and the lights were bright enough to overpower the video board above center ice. In years past, if the video board showed red, everything had a red cast to it - same with almost every color.

@kmad - I should be down at the GLI on Sunday to shoot both games. I will hopefully update here.

Yost is such a great barn to shoot from. Great, positive, college hockey experience.

Dec 18, 2012 at 03:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Very well done TTG...nice action. Good tip on the Mr. Clean, the glass I shoot through at the HS level is very scuffed.

Chris

Dec 18, 2012 at 04:48 PM
kmad

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Awesome! I'll be spectating in the stands. Do you shoot for them? USCHO?

Dec 18, 2012 at 09:22 PM
Ben Amato
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Andy: Nice job! My favs are 2 & 9. 10 & 11 look pretty noisy for 3200. Wasn't Yost just redone this past year? I shot their last season and the lighting had been updated and the scoreboard replaced. The biggest negative was finding places to shoot. It would be nice if they would consider photographers when they design.

Ben

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
andypep
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Ben - 10 and 11 were a bit heavy on the crops, hence the noise. I was shooting RAW, but only on M-RAW - dont need the huge file - 11MP is fine for the use we are doing. Yost was just redone. Place is amazing now. As far as places to shoot from - if you bring a short stool, each of the 4 corners has space, just need to be out of the way of the spectators. I forgot my bucket seat on Sat (actually thought I had it in the car only to realize I had taken it out in place of my golf clubs for indoor simulator season).

kmad - I was there for MI Hockey Now magazine. It is a biweekly Mag that is available in the local rinks.

Dec 19, 2012 at 02:25 PM
Steven King
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Looks good as usual Andy. It's nice to see that the updates at Yost are working, the lights are good, and it's still too bad that the only good place to shoot is the Zamboni end, it's like that at several rinks. At least at WMU there is a location sort of under the press box for TV cameras or photogs, that works well going above the glass.

Dec 19, 2012 at 04:35 PM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Great set... lots of good action!

Dec 22, 2012 at 05:20 AM
orionz06

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · College Hockey - Michigan v Western Michigan

Magic Erasers are abrasive, a microfiber towel and plexus might be a little better. Shots look great though. I will be heading to the Three Rivers Classic here in a few days and hope to get some pics as well.

Dec 22, 2012 at 05:53 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password