Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

docnlaw24
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

Placed order on Monday for card reader and new CF card and it is not set to arrive until next week. Past items were shipped the following day when ordered from B&H. Anyone else notice this as a trend? Shipping to Massachusetts.

Dec 14, 2012 at 04:38 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

I ordered something from B&H recently and I did my order in early in the morning, by about 9:00AM EST or so. It didn't get shipped out until the following day unless I had shipped using one of those expedited methods. Well, considering the Christmas season maybe it is normal for them to do so.

Dec 14, 2012 at 04:46 PM
docnlaw24
• • •
p.1 #3 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

Not really concerned about it going out the next day, just wondered why it would take over a week to get to MA from NY?

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:00 PM
rotorwash4944
• •
p.1 #4 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

I think they may have changed their shipping methods/policies... I live on Long Island, and typically I would order something by lunchtime on one day, and get it the very next, without ever requesting anything but the standard free shipping.

In October, I placed an order and was surprised to see the estimated delivery time listed as "Up to 4 days." I was leaving town shortly, and was assuming I'd have my purchase prior to leaving. I called customer service to confirm shipment, and was told that "due to their newer shipping," my order was not guaranteed to go out the same day, and if I wanted it to, I'd have to select at least UPS Ground (for $10.70 +tax). I must say that the customer service rep was super-helpful, in that he was able to change my shipping option, add the additional charges to my order, and I received my item in time, literally as I was pulling out of the driveway to leave for my trip.

...The moral of my story is, yes, I believe something has changed.

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:28 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

You also have to remember the time of year it is. Stores are swamped.

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:49 PM
docnlaw24
• • •
p.1 #6 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

rotorwash4944 wrote:
...The moral of my story is, yes, I believe something has changed.

I believe this is the case. Stores are busy, but I can still order from Amazon and get items in two days for free from across the country. Over a week from NY to MA will make me re-think ordering in the future.

Dec 14, 2012 at 06:22 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #7 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

B&H has been known to employ elves for deliveries of the smaller stuff during the Christmas season. So... being wee people, and not being able to drive full size trucks, their services are probably a (wee) bit slower. However, it's well known that Amazon also hires elves, but of the larger variety, so obviously packages will arrive faster.

Dec 14, 2012 at 08:14 PM
docnlaw24
• • •
p.1 #8 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

Well package arrived today instead of next Tuesday, so I guess the tracking system is to blame. Now I can shoot my new 1DX the way that it was intended to be used thanks to new transcend UDMA card and reader. Happy holidays to everyone.

Dec 14, 2012 at 09:22 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

rotorwash4944 wrote:
I think they may have changed their shipping methods/policies... I live on Long Island, and typically I would order something by lunchtime on one day, and get it the very next, without ever requesting anything but the standard free shipping.

In October, I placed an order and was surprised to see the estimated delivery time listed as "Up to 4 days." I was leaving town shortly, and was assuming I'd have my purchase prior to leaving. I called customer service to confirm shipment, and was told that "due to their newer shipping," my order was not guaranteed to go out the
...Show more

They added some super-cheapo shipping option, sometimes for free. The standard UPS ground is normally (but not guaranteed to be) shipped on the same day except for some products that are drop shipped. 2-day UPS is as better compromise for those time when the product is needed quickly.

EBH

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:27 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

borderlight wrote:
B&H has been known to employ elves for deliveries of the smaller stuff during the Christmas season. So... being wee people, and not being able to drive full size trucks, their services are probably a (wee) bit slower. However, it's well known that Amazon also hires elves, but of the larger variety, so obviously packages will arrive faster.

Everything slowed down after Herpes became a dentist.

EBH

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

borderlight
• • •
p.1 #11 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

Everything slowed down after Herpes became a dentist.

What? A disease became a dentist?

Anyway, as far as the OP post turns out it's literally "Much Ado About Nothing".

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:56 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

I meant Hermey.

EBH

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:49 PM
docnlaw24
• • •
p.1 #13 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

borderlight wrote:
What? A disease became a dentist?

Anyway, as far as the OP post turns out it's literally "Much Ado About Nothing".

True, but all items shipped the same speed in the fast. New shipping has many options and free shipping is now slower than prior B and H shipping.

Dec 16, 2012 at 01:57 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #14 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

You're right. This topic has been discussed many times before. It's been going on for years.
B&H free ships through a special agreement with UPS & USPS. It can take up to a week to go 100 miles. Next time choose the UPS service only and pay a few bucks more for the shipping.

Dec 16, 2012 at 02:28 AM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #15 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

docnlaw24 wrote:
Placed order on Monday for card reader and new CF card and it is not set to arrive until next week. Past items were shipped the following day when ordered from B&H. Anyone else notice this as a trend? Shipping to Massachusetts.

I cannot tell from the info posted here but it's possible you selected shipping via UPS Mail Innovations. UPS takes the package part way and then hands it off to the USPS for final delivery. Reliable and very inexpensive but not the speediest option. If you like, send me your order number and I'll check.

borderlight wrote:
B&H has been known to employ elves for deliveries of the smaller stuff during the Christmas season. So... being wee people, and not being able to drive full size trucks, their services are probably a (wee) bit slower. However, it's well known that Amazon also hires elves, but of the larger variety, so obviously packages will arrive faster. :)

We'd intended to employ Hobbits this year but they've been drafted by the Dwarfs to assist with the difficult Smaug situation. Plucky lot though.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Dec 19, 2012 at 08:51 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #16 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

Everything slowed down after Hermey became a dentist.

Hey, I just watched that again for the millionth time! I love the Bass/Rankin Christmas specials.

Hermey: I just don't like to make toys.
Head Elf: Oh well if that's all-- What? You don't like to make toys?
Hermey: No.
Head Elf: Hermey doesn't like to make toys!
Elves: Hermey doesn't like to make toys. Shame on you!
Head Elf: Would you mind telling me what you do wanna do?
Hermey: Well Sir, some day I'd like to be a... a dentist.
Head Elf: A dentist?!
Hermey: Well we need one up here. I've been studying molars and bicuspids and incisors...
Head Elf: Now listen, you, you're an elf and elves make toys. Now get to work!!

Dec 19, 2012 at 09:35 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

I have not experienced any delays, but the packaging on small items shipped via UPS has been rather atrocious recently. Items such as B+W filters are in a single-layer cardboard envelope with no padding whatsoever. A different item was seriously crushed. Although the product was not damaged, squashed retail packaging is undesirable in a Xmas gift for example.

EBH

Dec 22, 2012 at 04:28 AM
mspencer1
• •
p.1 #18 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

I have not experienced any delays. In fact an order I placed earlier this week arrived a day early inspite of the holiday madness.

Dec 22, 2012 at 04:56 AM
corndog
• • • •
p.1 #19 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

Some of this just doesn't make sense...

Abe's of Maine:

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:15 AM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #20 · B and H shipping slower than prior orders?

corndog wrote:
Some of this just doesn't make sense...

Ditto, but to make sense of it I'd need to know what item(s) and what zip code was used.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Dec 31, 2012 at 03:49 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password