Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Week 2 Basketball HS

MakoShark
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Finally getting around to posting shots from this past weekend. Many thanks in advance for the C&C. I have been trying some new angles and trying to apply some of the thoughts others have given me here on this set. Its interesting how every game is different and sometimes you think you got a shot, only to find out somebody's arm crossed the face of the shooter the exact second you pressed the shutter or something in the background caused havoc like a trash can!

Anyways, thanks again for your comments, they are helpful!

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Wow... Lots of different angles on the shots. I like the variety. How did you get your shots for 1 and 3?

I am a lazy shooter and I don't get the variety of shots that you have. I tend to just sit on my arse at the 3 pt arch the whole game. I need to get up and try new things.

Good job!

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Thanks! Much appreciated

The school main gym is built into a hole in the ground so there is a walkway all the way around the gym! So #1 I was perched just above the basket to the right of it. Its above the basket so a cool vantage point.

#3 I am in the stands in the corner most spot against a wall where the bleachers meet it, level with the basket

I try to break the game up into quarters. 1st quarter under the basket, 2nd from the stands working my way around and up. Hit the walk around for 3rd Q. 4th Q back under the basket with a prime which I have been experimenting with the 50mm 1.8, 28mm 1,8 and 85mm 1.4

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Manny

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Manny: I love that you are putting as much thought (and effort) into this as your post and this set suggest. I like everything about #1 and it's hard for me to imagine that moment from another angle that would stronger. I also like your second shot. Nice timing and expression on #3--just having a hard time with the background. With #4, given so many distracting elements beyond the primary action, I'd suggest cropping tight to the two main players. Good stuff, Manny! Thanks for posting.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Russ

Always appreciate the thoughts and comments! I love this gym and HATE it all in the same emotion. The hardware around this place is immense and amazing, but a nightmare!

Felt the same about every single comment you made. Wish the stands had more distance from the subject to help the blur. Maybe is I had a 200 prime it would have helped a bit more... Will keep at it as always for cleaner backgrounds.

Hope your week is well!

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Very nice, you've motivated me to get up and try different angles...also liking #1 a lot.

Chris

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Aqualung wrote:
Very nice, you've motivated me to get up and try different angles...also liking #1 a lot.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I have been enjoying everybody's posts as well which do the same for me! This is a great place to share, learn, and help. Have a great week.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Fish On
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Very nice set. Too bad about all the hardware showing up in the bg on a couple. #1 for me. Funny to see the different looks on the faces of the crowd in #3.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Fish On wrote:
Very nice set. Too bad about all the hardware showing up in the bg on a couple. #1 for me. Funny to see the different looks on the faces of the crowd in #3.

Thanks! Yeah its on all 4 sides with the other hoops folded up. Backgrounds are incredibly tough here. Glad you noticed the expressions. Those were the visiting teams fans and the visiting teams girls coach in the stands as well! The home team was playing well and obviously the visiting fans didnt appreciate it.

Have a great day

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
tmalone893
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Week 2 Basketball HS

Very good set. #1 is money and I love the shooters expression in #3.

Theron

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Week 2 Basketball HS

@ Theron, Thanks Much appreciated.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.