Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!
Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update adds Retina support the Mac!

“With this update, customers can see more detail in images, text, and in the Illustrator user interface when working on high-resolution displays, including the new Retina display available on MacBook Pro. The HiDPI feature in Illustrator is currently only available on Mac OS. It is expected to be available in the future on additional operating systems.”

For convenience and reliability, we highly recommend that you apply this update directly from within Photoshop. To do so, choose Help > Updates in Photoshop CS6 and apply all of the updates listed under Adobe Photoshop CS6 in the Adobe Application Manager. If you prefer, you may download the update manually.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

SWEET!

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Brilliant.

Dec 11, 2012 at 03:20 PM
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Is it still sweet and brilliant when you realize that Adobe delivered even more updates, but only for clients that subscribe to their Cloud versions of same applications? They just created second class citizens from people who outright purchased license for Photoshop.

Dec 11, 2012 at 04:27 PM
EGrav
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Yep. Adobe's greed is really showing.

Dec 11, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

I noticed that from an email they sent me. They are really trying to get the Cloud subcriptions. Not a bad deal and very tempting for the entire suite for $29 but after the first year when it goes up to $50 then not so tempting.

Dec 11, 2012 at 05:58 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

$50 with a year contract, at that. If you don't want to be tied into the contract and its penalties then it jumps up to $80/month.

Dec 11, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Jackal2854
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Time for a move away from Adobe products. Outrageous marketing; they just kick their loyal customers at will. We must not take it or it will only get worse

Dec 11, 2012 at 07:03 PM
tived
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Cloud has been great so far - it's just another business expense

Henrik

Dec 11, 2012 at 07:03 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

The update is available on their download site even if you're not on cloud subscription contract.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5448

Dec 11, 2012 at 07:26 PM
chrisdee
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

That is just the "free" 13.0.2 update, not the cloud one. The cloud update version number is 13.1.

mshi wrote:
The update is available on their download site even if you're not on cloud subscription contract.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5448

Dec 11, 2012 at 08:55 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

753951 wrote:
Is it still sweet and brilliant when you realize that Adobe delivered even more updates, but only for clients that subscribe to their Cloud versions of same applications? They just created second class citizens from people who outright purchased license for Photoshop.

EGrav wrote:
Yep. Adobe's greed is really showing.

What a ridiculous scene of entitlement. You paid for CS6 and as far as I can tell the cloud improvements haven't made your product stop working. Whatever improvements made in the Cloud solution will show up in CS7 and you can buy that product when it ships. If a feature shows up in the Cloud that you absolutely have the switch to that, or wait for it to show up in CS7 either way you are not a second class citizen or missing any features in any way you get what you pay for.

It's ok for Apple to be greedy and make a huge profit in fact many can't wait to give them money but suddenly its a crime for Adobe to make a profit. I hate to break it to you but free enterprise is based on a company making a profit. If you don't want them to switch to the GIMP.

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Cloud based software isn't really an option when my web speed is only 1.7Mbs. Yes I live in a rural, poorly served area.

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
buckeyeguy1
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

It explains a little on why I was able to pick up CS6 new from B&H for $250 in July.

For what I use combined with the monthly cloud fee, I think I still made out quite well.

I would imagine thet feature updates you see cloud subscribers get will be included in CS7.

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Stupid question but why do I now have the 3D version after updating?

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:42 AM
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

WAYCOOL wrote:
What a ridiculous scene of entitlement. You paid for CS6 and as far as I can tell the cloud improvements haven't made your product stop working. Whatever improvements made in the Cloud solution will show up in CS7 and you can buy that product when it ships. If a feature shows up in the Cloud that you absolutely have the switch to that, or wait for it to show up in CS7 either way you are not a second class citizen or missing any features in any way you get what you pay for.

It's ok for Apple to be greedy
...Show more

No, not entitlement. Since Adobe was not forthcoming at the time of CS6 and cloud release, I, and others, based purchase on past experiences. And with this we got unpleasantly surprised. With this recent development, we now have additional experience to take into account when/if next version gets released. Nobody sane blames Adobe for making profit (not sure what Apple has to do with this). Time will tell if Adobe traded short term profit for mid-to-long term loss of clients. I know I won't repeat mistake, and purchase next version outright. And since subscription, as it stands, makes even less financial sense for me, Adobe probably lost one customer.

BTW, how do you know that improvements in cloud version will show up in CS7? Because it makes sense? Do we even know if next non-cloud version will be released? After all, CS6 will not stop working.

Dec 14, 2012 at 09:58 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

John P Mulgrew wrote:
Stupid question but why do I now have the 3D version after updating?

Are you using the purchased or subscription (Creative Cloud) version?

If subscription, I think the 3D (Extended) version of PS may be the one you get. One of the details that is not very clear on the Adobe site.

If purchased, you need to be careful in using the "Adobe Application Manager". It mixes updates with trials of Creative Cloud subscriptions. If you only have purchased software, the best way to update it is from within the application using Help>Updates... The Adobe Application Manager has been another source of massive confusion for many users.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Sh!t!!!! I have the purchased software and don't want to use the cloud one. Guess it's time to email Adobe, thank you.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

Okay a simple fix, was on Adobe chat and they had me enter my serial number in where it asks to license the extended version then close and reopen and everything is back to normal.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM
richdavid
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adobe Photoshop 13.0.2 CS6 update with Retina!

John P Mulgrew wrote:
Okay a simple fix, was on Adobe chat and they had me enter my serial number in where it asks to license the extended version then close and reopen and everything is back to normal.

Thanks John!
Mine is now back to normal also because of your tip above! My 75 year old brain was getting a headache over this!
Best Wishes,
Rich

Dec 14, 2012 at 08:47 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.