Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

vchowdhary
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

waitebe wrote:
I just received a call from Amazon and they can't do a price fix.
They also said I cannot return my body for full price since I have used the camera. Had I not, I could've done a normal return and then purchased the kit.

Email:
Hello Ben,
First of all thank you for taking my call this morning. I'm sorry, but I've confirmed that your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving the free lens promotional offer that exists today.
I appreciate your graciousness as I shared this news with you over the phone.
The camera and lens come packaged from
...Show more

Morals aside, you can still return the camera to Amazon and get full refund. The choice is yours. If your camera is functional and you are satisfied with its performance, then keep it.

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:28 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.4 #2 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

Amazon accepts returns within the 30 day policy, and right now I believe it's extended to the end of January (as they do every year).

Even beyond the 30-day return timeline they take returns, but then they prorate based on useage time.

Amazon has a subsidiary called "Warehouse Deals" where the returns end up if they have been used, or are no longer in their original sealed packaging. Nikon gear doesn't last long at Warehouse deals, and they are still making money on the resells... I've seen killer deals there before too.

I'd have no qualms returning the camera.
Go online, request a refund via "your orders" and print the UPS label. Somewhere in the path of information you can request an "exchange" if you choose that. May save you on the return shipping.

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:52 PM
K6AZ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

waitebe wrote:
I just received a call from Amazon and they can't do a price fix.
They also said I cannot return my body for full price since I have used the camera. Had I not, I could've done a normal return and then purchased the kit.

Email:
Hello Ben,
First of all thank you for taking my call this morning. I'm sorry, but I've confirmed that your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving the free lens promotional offer that exists today.
I appreciate your graciousness as I shared this news with you over the phone.
The camera and lens come packaged from
...Show more

I was pretty sure they didn't have a price protection policy but that bit about not being able to return camera gear because you used it is rubbish. I stopped buying cameras and/or lenses from Amazon after I was stuck twice with obviously used/returned lenses four years ago. You might want to dig through your Amazon account and see if you can actually process a return through your account and see if there is such a policy in writing.

Edited on Dec 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM · View previous versions

Dec 14, 2012 at 07:34 PM
waitebe

p.4 #4 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

I found some contradicting information on amazon that makes it sounds like I can return without issue. So I was able to create a return shipper and I'm sending it back tomorrow. Once I get my full refund (knock on wood), I am heading to my local store, Roberts, to get an even better deal than amazon is offering right now. I should have gone there all along...

Requirements for a Full Refund
Items must be in new condition
Items must be returned with all original packaging and accessories
Media items (for example, movies, music, video games, and software) must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap
Musical instruments, televisions, and consumer electronics must have a UPC or serial number
Shoes and clothing must be unworn

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM
K6AZ
• •
p.4 #5 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

You do realize this special pricing expires tomorrow at midnight?

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.4 #6 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

waitebe wrote:
I found some contradicting information on amazon that makes it sounds like I can return without issue. So I was able to create a return shipper and I'm sending it back tomorrow. Once I get my full refund (knock on wood), I am heading to my local store, Roberts, to get an even better deal than amazon is offering right now. I should have gone there all along...

Media items (for example, movies, music, video games, and software) must be unopened and still
...Show more

The roberts kit looks horrible, the cameta/bh are much better

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM
waitebe

p.4 #7 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

Roberts says until December 29, 11:59pm...

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM
K6AZ
• •
p.4 #8 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

waitebe wrote:
Roberts says until December 29, 11:59pm...

That's the $200 instant savings. The additional $500 expires tomorrow at midnight.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM
K6AZ
• •
p.4 #9 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

Adorama is sold out, as of right now Amazon and B&H still has stock.

Dec 16, 2012 at 01:02 AM
K6AZ
• •
p.4 #10 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

FYI B&H has removed all discounts and has the regular list price on the kit now - $2696.

Dec 16, 2012 at 05:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

fsiagian
• • •
p.4 #11 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

And the body only price goes back up to $2099?

Dec 16, 2012 at 05:17 AM
K6AZ
• •
p.4 #12 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

That's what it looks like Ferdi, at least at B&H. The $200 discount was supposed to continue until the end of the month on the kit.

Dec 16, 2012 at 05:31 AM
klb1122

p.4 #13 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

fsiagian wrote:
And the body only price goes back up to $2099?

Yep, $2,096.95.

I couldn't resist and picked up the kit before the price went back up. I'm moving up from a D7000 that was placed on my bumper prior to going to get some lunch.

Dec 16, 2012 at 05:36 AM
mrgetalife
• •
p.4 #14 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

I picked up a kit. I figured i can always return it as I can just walk it over.

Dec 16, 2012 at 05:42 AM
Ball4

p.4 #15 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

Still $1,996.95 at Adorama.

Dec 16, 2012 at 05:55 AM
K6AZ
• •
p.4 #16 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

Same at Amazon. Adorama sold our earlier today. I guess we will have to wait and see if the prices really go away but I'd say it's likely since B&H has alread jacked the price.

Dec 16, 2012 at 05:58 AM
nalax

p.4 #17 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

BH just has to update their site with the new instant savings program and I just looked, they have the 12/29 program up now. And so will every one else. No need to panic until the 29th

Dec 16, 2012 at 02:19 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.4 #18 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

and we can expect more aggressive pricing right after the holiday season.

Dec 16, 2012 at 04:29 PM
Mr.Lindy
• • •
p.4 #19 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

Maybe you're using the wrong link ?

Try this one instead of your "B&H ... jacked the price" link.

$1996 D600 & Lens & 4%back & Rezo 170 AW Camera Shoulder Bag32GB SDHC Memory Card Extreme Class 10 UHS-IEN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.0V, 1800mAh)ACM-1400 4-Section Aluminum Monopod & free two day delivery !

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892428-REG/Nikon_D600_Digital_Camera_with.html

Buy now, seal this deal, will ship when instock "2 or 3 days"

K6AZ wrote:
Same at Amazon. Adorama sold our earlier today. I guess we will have to wait and see if the prices really go away but I'd say it's likely since B&H has alread jacked the price.

Dec 16, 2012 at 04:45 PM
rjk55425
• • • •
p.4 #20 · Nikon's Secret Sale Starts on Friday 12/14

waitebe wrote:

Media items (for example, movies, music, video games, and software) must be unopened and still
...Show more

I would return it too but the right thing to do is to buy it from Amazon.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password