Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

WThiry
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

I have a dance to shoot and I'm going with white background. I usually use a white muslin but I'm going to give paper a try this time.

Should I use the Savage White #66 which is "pure white" or #1 which is "super white"?

Dec 09, 2012 at 06:26 PM
colinm
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

As you may well be aware, nothing will be pure white unless it's lit properly. And, conversely, anything can be pure white if it's lit properly.

That being said, if you're going for the whitest white with the least effort, #66 is absolutely chock full of brighteners and will be a little easier to work with (as far as being white, anyway). Its brightness can be a liability with regard to spilling back, though.

Dec 09, 2012 at 06:36 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

Switching horses mid-stream after previous success ... ... what's the driving reason for going to paper from muslin?

Dec 09, 2012 at 07:08 PM
WThiry
• • •
p.1 #4 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

I need some length on the floor and my muslin is only 20'. I didn't want to pack up my reflective white board and haul it.

Dec 09, 2012 at 07:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

Gotcha ... thanks.

Dec 09, 2012 at 07:41 PM
hondageek
• • •
p.1 #6 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

I'd rather haul a white board than Ps a tattered, scuffed seamless any day. If this is a fairly high volume gig you'll regret not using it. Especially if you're dealing with subjects that aren't used to being very careful walking on paper.

Dec 10, 2012 at 01:55 AM
WThiry
• • •
p.1 #7 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

I'm going to haul the white board. To your point, I didn't want to mess with the "herd" of traffic tearing the paper.

Dec 10, 2012 at 02:02 AM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #8 · Savage White #66 PW or #1 SW

My preference would be the Savage White #66. Take note -- if you're shooting full length, especially in a carpeted location, the first woman wearing heels will poke holes in your paper. Happened to me once and the only solution is either cropping 3/4 or cloth/muslin backgrounds.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Dec 12, 2012 at 06:22 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password